Almost 40% of US households purchase aftermarket accessories
- Hitting on all cylinders. Guyette, James E. // Aftermarket Business;Nov2007, Vol. 117 Issue 11, p48
The article focuses on the status of the automotive parts suppliers in Los Angeles, California. It is stated that the Los Angeles automotive parts market is very competitive and any well executed sales and delivery system will be equally beneficial in other market places as well. Statistical...
- Alliance 'team' concept spurs growth. // Aftermarket Business;May2003, Vol. 113 Issue 5, p30
Discusses the functions of the Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance in the United States. Benefits provided by the alliance to auto parts business members; Jobber programs offered by the alliance; Service center and dealer programs launched by the organization.
- Consistency: The success formula. // Aftermarket Business;May2003, Vol. 113 Issue 5, p34
Reports on the growth of the Federated Auto Parts aftermarket distribution group. Factors that contributed to the distribution group's success; Vendor programs of the group; Features of the group's Federated Car Care Center Program.
- offerings. // Aftermarket Business;Oct2004, Vol. 114 Issue 10, p18
Reports on developments related to automobile supplies industry in the U.S. as of October 2004. Carquest's promotion; GPSI's GPS Rewards program.
- Auxiliary lighting. // Aftermarket Business;Apr2005, Vol. 115 Issue 4, p24
This article presents statistical information related to sales projection of auxiliary lighting in the U.S. automobile supplies industry for the year 2005. Prices for auxiliary lighting have held pretty steady the last couple years, as the market hasn't really experienced an increase since 2003....
- Diagnostic tools. // Aftermarket Business;Apr2005, Vol. 115 Issue 4, p36
This article presents statistical information related to sales projection of diagnostic tools in the U.S. automobile supplies industry for the year 2005. Since 2000, sales have increased year over year at a rate of $3 million. In 2005, however, total aftermarket sales increased by $5 million...
- Survey says: Some trends encounter turnaround. Cristello, Tony // Aftermarket Business;Aug2007, Vol. 117 Issue 8, p14
The article discusses the findings of the study concerning the improvement of aftermarket trends in the second quarter of 2007 in the U.S. It reveals that demand for maintenance items and hard parts increase due to good weather conditions. It also indicates that sales increases are prevalent in...
- BED extender proves big ideas still can buoy little supplier firms. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;8/23/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5834, p28
Reports on the booming sales of aftermarket automobile components, with the AMP Research, maker of a bed extender for pickups as an example. AMP's signing of deals with all domestic-label automobiles after a successful debut on the aftermarket.
- Part Eight: Key Sector Reports and Notes: Automotive Components. Liu Baocheng; Che Yanhua; Reuvid, Jonathan // Doing Business with China;2005, p312
The chapter focuses on the state of the automotive parts industry in China as of January 2005. The industry has enjoyed rapid development over the years. Total vehicle output increased in 2000. The characteristics of the original vehicle manufacture market are compared with the features of the...