Ford Motor Co, Westport Innovations form hydrogen partnership
- GREEN CARS ENTER THE FAST LANE. // PM Network;May2006, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p8
The article presents information on a project which involves development of environment friendly vehicles by Westport Innovations Inc., Vancouver, British Columbia and Ford Motor Co., Dearborn, Michigan. The project is to create an advanced direct-injection fuel system for vehicles that would...
- Ford, DOE team up for fuel-cell vehicle. // Power Engineering;Jul97, Vol. 101 Issue 7, p14
Announces Ford Motor Co.'s plan to build a prototype hydrogen fuel-cell vehicle as part of a joint research project with the US Department of Energy (DOE). Background on Ford's participation on the Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles (PNGV) program; DOE's role in the PNGV effort;...
- Big Three Sign With DOE. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/18/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 16, pB7
Announces the partnership of General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co. and DaimlerChrysler AG with the U.S. Department of Energy to build hydrogen-powered vehicles. Cost of the development of concept vehicles; Goals for the first generation of hydrogen vehicles; Information on fuel cell.
- Ballard Awaits Hydrogen Economy. // Ward's Auto World;Jun2005, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p13
Focuses on the aim of Canadian fuel-cell firm Ballard Power Systems to be the leading stack provider by the time commercially viable fuel-cell vehicles are available. Efforts of the firm to cut fuel-cell stack costs; Goal of the company with regard to the fuel-cell targets set by the U.S....
- Assembly center for bi-fuel natural-gas systems opens. // Fleet Owner Blog;7/2/2012, p1
The article announces that Westport Innovations has opened the Westport Kentucky Integration Center (WKIC) in Louisville, Kentucky and will install the Westport WiNG bi-fuel power system at the facility for use on Ford Super Duty trucks.
- Cummins Announces Joint Venture. // Fleet Equipment;Jul2002, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p23
Reports the joint venture deal of Cummins Inc. with Westport Innovations Inc. to develop and market natural gas-powered, medium-duty fuel engines for on-highway commercial vehicles. Details of the joint venture deal; Details of the fuel engines; Information on both companies.
- ENGINE MAKERS EYE NATURAL-GAS HYBRID. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/26/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 12, p40
Reports the joint venture between Indiana-based Cummins Inc. and British Columbia-based Westport Innovations for the blending of diesel and natural gas technology.
- Ford buys in more hydrogen expertise. // Professional Engineering;7/23/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p7
Reports on Ford's development of an internal combustion hydrogen engine. Ford's signing up with Westport Innovations to support its efforts; Ford's acquisition of a set of Westport's hydrogen fuel injectors and other hardware, electronic controls and engineering support.
- Energy dept. says governments will buy NGV's. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May95, Vol. 222 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the Department of Energy's plan which requires state governments, energy companies and utilities to purchase vehicles that run on alternative fuels. Enforcement of plan with the finding that imported oil endangered national security; Administration's goal to lower the cost of...