Penguin Leads Paperback Fiction List; Kite Runner Still Flying High
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE TOP 10 PUBLISHERS Paperback Fiction. // Book Publishing Report;12/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p8
Lists the top 10 publishers for paperback fiction year-to-date 2003. Random House; Penguin Group USA; Simon and Schuster; HarperCollins; Time Warner; Holtzbrinck; Harlequin Book Publishing; Kensington; Harcourt; Norton; Tyndale House.
- Random House Overtakes HarperCollins As Top Hardcover Nonfiction Publisher. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2007 Supplement, Vol. 32, p8
The article focuses on the domination of publisher Random House Inc. in the 2006 hardcover nonfiction list category of the "New York Times." After having only 23 book titles in 2005, Random House had 38 titles including seven various titles which reached the top spot in 2006. Penguin Group USA...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE TOP 10 PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;12/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p7
Presents the "New York Times" Bestseller Scorecard for the top ten publishers as of December 2003. Random House; HarperCollins; Simon & Schuster; Penguin Group USA.
- 2004 Paperback Fiction Bestsellers By Publisher. // Book Publishing Report;6/14/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p8
This article presents al list of several top book publishers, alongoeth the number of their bestseller books, for the week ended June 13, 2004. The publishers included are Random House Inc., Penguin Group USA Inc., Simon & Schuster Inc., and HarperCollins Publishers Inc.
- Newcomers Take Hold of the Hardcover Fiction List. // Book Publishing Report;10/16/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p7
The article reports the five new titles which is the focus of the "New York Times" hardcover fiction for October 2006 issue. It is inferred that Random House has a controlling lead among publishers which is led by Cormac McCarthy's "The Road." Penguin Group USA is led by "Under Orders" of Dick...
- 'A draconian and punitive intrusion ...wildly out of proportion to any potential harm'. // MacUser;Sep2013, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p8
The article reports that several book publishers including Penguin, HarperCollins, and Simon & Schuster are opposing a proposed settlement of Apple's dispute with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). According to the author, the DOJ, having ruled that Apple had cooperated with publishers to...
- HarperCollins Tops Children's Lists for Second Straight Year. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2007 Supplement, Vol. 32, p1
The article focuses on various publishers which achieved several best selling children's books in 2006. They include HarperCollins Publishers Inc. which topped the list with 27 book titles. Random House Inc. ranked second with 23 book titles including authors Christopher Paolini's "Eldest" and...
- Political Titles Still Hot On NYT Hardcover Nonfiction List. // Book Publishing Report;10/25/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p6
The article presents information on the New York Times hardcover nonfiction bestseller list. Political-themed titles are shining in the list with over half the titles in the top 10 connected to politics and policy. Random House Inc. has 30 books with a combined 138 weeks on the list, making it...
- Random House, Penguin Group Nearly Deadlocked on List. // Book Publishing Report;6/26/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p7
A list of top performing publishing companies in the U.S. are presented. Random House Inc. has a slight lead on Penguin Group USA Inc. Penguin Group USA is a close number two as "Mayflower," by Nathaniel Philbrick places at number six. HarperCollinsPublishers is led by the Morrow imprint, which...