People In The News
- Smagler Leaving Senior Spot at S&S. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/27/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 43, p14
Reports on the resignation of Alan Smagler as senior vice president and associate publisher at Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing on October 31, 2003. Reason for his resignation; Background on the career of Smagler in the company; Adjustments made by Rick Richter, president of the company,...
- Gaden to Join S&S Kids. // Publishers Weekly;12/22/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 51, p10
The article reports on the appointment of Bill Gaden as vice-president of sales and subsidiary rights for Simon & Schuster's children's publishing division. Gaden will assume some of the duties of Alan Smagler, who resigned as associate publisher in October 2003. He will be responsible for...
- Smagler joins S&S children's. // Publishers Weekly;11/11/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 46, p22
Announces the appointment of Alan Smagler to be vice-president, sales and marketing, for Simon & Schuster's children's division. His responsibilites; Appointment announced by president and publisher Rick Richter, who jointed S&S in July 1996.
- LOBBYING WORLD. // Hill;1/14/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p15
The article announces career developments in the U.S. including the employment of Kara Calvert at Franklin Square Group, the inclusion of Jonathan Mantz to the BGR Group and the Richard Prince as vice president of Advanced Medical Technology Association.
- Managerial Career Coaching. Randolph, A. Benton // Training & Development Journal;Jul81, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p54
Focuses on career development coaching by managers. Career discussions between managers and their subordinates; Goal of general managers to help people develop the skills and knowledge needed to reach business objectives.
- You Want Me To Do What? Jones, Pamela R.; Kaye, Beverly; Taylor, Hugh R. // Training & Development Journal;Jul81, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p56
Examines the roles of managers as career coaches for their subordinates. Dual responsibilities of managers; Traditional roles of human resource development departments; Critical competencies; Elements of mentorship programs.
- How Executive Learn: the Move From Glitz to Guts. Bolt, James F. // Training & Development Journal;May90, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p83
Discusses methods for the education and training of executives. Costs associated with management education; Experiential learning; Feedback on management style. INSET: Eight Tips for Designing New Methods of Executive Education.
- FACES. // PC FAB;Nov2001, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p12
Reports career developments of executives in printed circuit board industry in the U.S. Appointment of Jay Grover as president of Neltec Inc.; Selection of Dale Lee as product marketing manager of Valor Computerized Systems; Election of Benoit Pouliquen as president and chief executive officer...
- PEOPLE. // Orange County Business Journal;5/5/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p54
Presents career developments of various executives in Orange County, California. Appointment of Robert Beaulieu, senior vice president of Harbor National Bank; Selection of Ted Bremner, manager of the Union Bank of California; Promotion of Ken Schmitz, chief strategy officer of Strata-Media Inc.