Scholastic's Trade Biz Up 6% as Education, Clubs Disappoint
- Scholastic, With YTD Revenue Down 9.6%, Bolsters Management Team In Education-Related Biz. // Educational Marketer;4/4/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the financial performance of Scholastic Children's Book for the third quarter ended February 28, 2005 in the U.S. Revenues of the company; Totality of the company's operating profit; Percentage decline of the company's revenue.
- Tech Continues as Growth Driver in Scholastic Education. // Educational Marketer;3/26/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p5
The article reports on the financial performance of New York-based publisher Scholastic Inc. for the third quarter ended February 29, 2012. The company revealed its revenue increased to 14.3 percent or equivalent revenue of 344.6 million dollars. It notes that the Education Technology and...
- Scholastic to Build On '05 Gains. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/25/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 29, p15
Reports that the focus of Scholastic in fiscal 2006 will remain on expanding margins while growing revenue. Financial performance in fiscal 2005; Decline in children's book publishing and distribution; Value of the revenue projected by Scholastic for 2006.
- Scholastic in Position for Rebound in Fiscal 2004. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/21/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 29, p61
Presents updates on the financial performance of U.S. publisher Scholastic as of July 21, 2003. Net income; Revenue; Book fair sales; Continuity sales.
- Romantic Suspense, Classic Fantasy Shines For Harlequin in Q3. // Book Publishing Report;11/6/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p1
The article reports on the business performance of Harlequin, a publishing division of Torstar Corp. in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2006. The company reported 1.6% increase in revenue and 6.8% increase in operating profit. Harlequin CEO Donna Hayes states that the classic romance fantasy...
- Book Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;11/1/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p6
Reports on developments in the book publishing industry in the U.S. Financial performance of Harlequin Ltd., the publishing division of Torstar Corp., in the third quarter of 2004; Improvement in the total North America media sales of Amazon.com for the third quarter of fiscal 2004; Acquisition...
- Scholastic Reports 2Q Results, Posts Improved Performance in School Book Clubs and Fairs. // Book Publishing Report;12/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p5
Describes the financial results of publishing firm Scholastic Inc. for the second quarter of fiscal 2004, ended November 30, 2003. Overall revenues; Sales in the children's book publishing and distribution division.
- Scholastic Hosts Global Read-a-Thon. // Book Publishing Report;12/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p7
Focuses on the Scholastic Read For 2004, the fifth annual children's reading initiative created by New York-based Scholastic Inc.
- Scholastic Successes. // Book Publishing Report;9/27/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p3
Presents a list of successful children's book published by Scholastic Corp. in the U.S. "Children of the Lamp"; "Dragon Rider"; "Charlie Bone and the Invisible Boy".