Random House Sales Up 2.1% in '05; U.K. Group Top Division
- Random House Credits Frontlist Titles For First-Half Revenue Growth. // Book Publishing Report;9/20/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the financial performance of Random House for the first half ending June 30, 2004 in the U.S. Increase in the revenues; Operating income; Factors contributing to the increase in the operating income.
- Random House Lifted by Movie Tie-Ins in First Half 2006. // Book Publishing Report;9/11/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the increase in the revenue of Random House Inc. for the first half of 2006. Its revenue increased by 1 percent to 1.1 billion. The year-on-year performance improvements in North American and Germany and a continued high level of profitability in Great Britain contributed...
- Six-Month Sales, Earnings Fall at Random House. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/8/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 36, p9
Reports on the decline in the global revenue of Random House in the first six months of 2003. Factors which contributed to the weak financial revenue; Tactic being done by the company to improve its financial performance for the second half of 2003; List of books to be released in the second...
- Profits Improve at Random. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/21/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the increase in operating profits of Random House in 2004. Significance of the boost in profits; Performance of Random outside the U.S., according to Random House Chairman Peter Olson; Early successes of Random in 2005.
- Second Half Rally Carries Courier. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/15/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 46, p10
Reports on the corporate profits posted by Courier Corp. for the second half of 2004. Percentage increase in the sales of the book manufacturing segment and the publishing group; Benefits of the four-color press installed by the company; Revenue of the publishing group.
- Random U.S. Sales Stalled in 2004. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/18/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 16, p5
Reports on the sales posted by Random House in the U.S. and other countries in 2004. Market share of Random House in the U.S.; Increase in the operating profits in 2004; Information on a contract between Random House and Google regarding the publisher's participation in the Google Print program.
- Random grows on back of bestsellers. Miller, Emily // Printing World;9/23/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 1, p21
Reports on the business performance of British publisher Random House as of September 2004. Increases in sales and profits; Top-performing bestsellers; Impact of the company's performance on the financial standing of its parent company Bertelsmann AG.
- Random Posts Solid Gains in Early 2004. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/13/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 37, p5
Reports on the financial performance of Random House Inc. for the first half of 2004. Increase in the operating earnings before interest and taxes; Books that generated sales in North America; Appointment of Anthony Cheetham at Random House in Great Britain.
- A Down Year for Random House. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/31/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 13, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of Random House for 2008. The trade publisher recorded a total revenue of â‚¬1.72 billion during the year. The U.S. accounted for 50.8% of the total revenue, a 53% decline from a year ago, despite the publisher's acquisitions of Monacelli...