PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Telemundo lays cable with Zel. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;9/27/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 59, p12
Announces the appointment of Antoinette Zel as new executive VP of cable networks and strategic planning of Spanish-language broadcaster Telemundo in Florida.
- Newsmakers. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/28/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 48, p24
The article reports career developments of the executives in Connecticut. Cynthia M. Gallatin was promoted to associate vice president for online programs at Quinnipiac University Online. Georgia von Schmidt was appointed to the board of directors of the Norwalk Symphony Orchestra. Martin C....
- Discovering the Potential of the Pipes. Robbins, Jim // Multichannel News;09/18/2000 Supplement, Vol. 21, p18A
Discusses the author's career in the United States cable television industry. Educational attainment of the author; Regulatory developments in the industry; Development of Cable in the Classroom; Challenges of making the customer experience as challenging as possible; Difficulties in finding...
- People:. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 184, p3
The article reports on the appointment of Doug Jacobs, senior vice president and general counsel at cable company A&E.
- People:. // CableFAX Daily;8/31/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 169, p3
The article reports on the appointment of Peter Dougherty as senior vice president for branding of MTV Network and Tim Fitzpatrick as vice president for commercials of Comcast SportsNet.
- People:. // CableFAX Daily;8/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 157, p2
The article reports on career developments involving executives in the cable television industry in the U.S. David Porter was appointed executive director of the Walter Kaltz Foundation. Jamie Howard has been named president/CEO of Imagine Communications. Fred Norris was appointed vice president...
- Schleiff to Hallmark? // CableFAX Daily;9/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 185, p1
The article reports on the rumor that Court TV Chairman Henry Schleiff is moving to Hallmark Channel.
- People:. // CableFAX Daily;9/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 170, p3
The article reports on the career developments involving executives in the cable television industry in the U.S. Hank Close was chosen to oversee the advertising sales in the U.S. at MTV Network. Bobby Amirshani has returned to Cox Entertainment as public affairs executive.
- People. // CableFAX Daily;10/11/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 197, p3
This article reports on career developments involving executives in the U.S. cable television industry, as of October 11, 2005. Allan McLennan was appointed president for advanced media and information division at Rentrak. Carl Vogel will join the board of SiTV.