French Sale News Boosts Liberty Global
- Electronic Media stock index for the week ended Nov. 20. // Electronic Media;11/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p68
Presents statistics showing the stock market performance of several cable television and television networks in the United States as of November 20, 1998. Includes USA Networks; Jones Intercable; Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
- 'Not time for investor to bolt,' analyst says. Curry, Sheree R. // Advertising Age;6/10/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 23, ps10
The article reports on the decline in the stock prices of cable companies in the United States in 2002. Key issues discussed include the lack of investor confidence in the market, heavy investments by cable companies into upgrading their infrastructure and future prospects for the cable...
- Cable stocks undervalued, broker says. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;5/8/95, Vol. 125 Issue 19, p48
Reports on the stock prices of cable television operators. Effect of consolidations and acquisitions on stock prices; Comcast Corp.; Time Warner; Tele-Communications Inc.
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p82
Presents statistics related to stock prices of companies related to cable television as of July 21, 2003. Percentage drop in Lucent shares; Closing prices of stocks of multi system operators as of July 15, 2003.
- CLOSING PRICES. // Multichannel News;9/8/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p34
Presents charts of changes in the stock prices of several cable television operators, programmers, equipment vendors and telecommunication companies in the U.S. from August 26 to September 2, 2003.
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...