Merger Back on Radar For Lucent and Alcatel
- Lucent Draws A Suitor. P., Shankar // Business News New Jersey;May/Jun2001, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p6
Reports the merger plans of Lucent Technologies with French telecommunications firm Alcatel in the United States. Interest of Alcatel in the fiber optics manufacturing plant of Lucent in Georgia; Gross revenue of Lucent wireless infrastructure business per year; Problems in the integration of...
- White House approves Lucent-Alcatel merger. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;11/27/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p12
The article reports that U.S. President George W. Bush has approved a recommendation by a Treasury Department-led interagency group supporting the merger of French telecommunication vendor Alcatel SA and Lucent Technologies Inc. The ruling demonstrates the commitment of the U.S. to protect its...
- European Union clears merger of Alcatel and Lucent. // International Law Update;Jul2006, Vol. 12, p139
The article reports on the approval of the planned merger between French telecom equipment maker, Alcatel S.A., and American competitor, Lucent Technologies, Inc. by the European Community Commission. The merger's main impact on competition would be in the supply of optical networking equipment...
- Lucent, Alcatel Merger Gets Shareholder Nod. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;9/11/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 37, p45
The article reports on the approval given by shareholders of telecommunication company Lucent Technologies Inc. to the company's merger with rival Alcatel SA. The merger was valued at approximately $13 billion. After the merger, the combined firm will have 850 offices worldwide and plans to...
- BACKPAGE BRIEFING. // Telecom Asia;Sep2006, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p44
No abstract available.
- Parlez-vous Alcatel/Lucent? Wickham, Rhonda // Wireless Week;4/1/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p6
Comments on the anticipated merger of wireless company Alcatel and Lucent. Advantages of the merger to Lucent; Implications of the merger for the telecommunications industry; Characteristics of an effective merger.
- Lucent/Alcatel: Everyday Merger or Synergized Powerhouse? Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;4/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p15
Looks at the possible effect of the proposed merger of Lucent Technologies with Alcatel on the wireless communications industry in the U.S. Impact of the merger on the position of Verizon Wireless as the biggest consumer of Lucent; Problem posed by the varied national and corporate culture of...
- Lucent Deal Would Shrink Jobs. Daks, Martin C. // njbiz;4/3/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the concerns on the possible impact of the merger between Lucent Technologies and Alcatel on jobs in the telecommunication sector in New Jersey. Terms of the agreement; Background on both companies; Opportunities provided by the merger to the companies.
- Alcatel, Lucent Technologies Agree To Merge. // Satellite Today;4/4/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 62, p1
This article reports on a definitive merger agreement entered by Alcatel and Lucent Technologies that will create a global communications powerhouse, as of April 2006. The announcement did not address what may happen to Alcatel's satellite manufacturing unit, Alcatel Alenia Space. Alcatel is...