Nick Throws Parties to Push 'Kids' Choice'
- Nick bows blocks. // Daily Variety;12/3/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the launching of a branded block of kids programming in Greece by Nickelodeon.
- MTV webs go original, set 'Rugrats' spinoffs. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;7/16/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 30, p12
Provides updates on the programming of the children's networks of Music Television. Development of three pilot programs spun off from 'Rugrats' by Nickelodeon; Premiere of the first original series of The National Network since the revamp of the network; Creation of original series for...
- Report blasts. Trotter, Andrew // Education Week;04/08/98, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p6
Reports on the controversy regarding the cost of Channel One, a television news program. Basis for the estimated figures regarding the program; Features of the program; Requirement of schools subscribing to the program on their students.
- State of Decency in DC. Stevens, Ted // CableFAX Daily;4/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 69, p9
Focuses on the decency rules of the U.S. government for media contents. Hearings conducted by the Senate Commerce Committee to discuss concerns and insights on decency; Actions taken by cable television networks and broadcasters to address decency; Coalition formed by media companies to assist...
- HBO enters a growing Korean cable market. Alford, Christopher // Variety;10/02/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 7, p48
Reports on the resurgence of the cable television industry in South Korea after the country's economic crisis in 1998. Launching of HBO Korea on October 2, 2000; Limitation on foreign investment in broadcasting; Penetration rates of cable televisions in affluent areas.
- Our Town. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;06/14/99, Vol. 9 Issue 24, Cable p34
Emphasizes the advantages of regional cable news networks over local cable news networks. Proof that the demand for regional cable news network is growing; Overview of the situation at New York 1 News cable network; Discussion and analysis of the trend.
- Station Problems for Azteca. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;7/2/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p7
Reports on the series of distribution setbacks encountered by Azteca America, a Hispanic television (TV) broadcast network, that could delay the network from getting on the air. Information on Azteca's agreement to acquire KXTX-TV in Dallas, Texas; Impact of Univision's acquisition of TV outlets...
- Comedy Central Bows 'The Commies' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p18
Reports on the Comedy Central Presents the Commies, an award television program for comedy-based television programs launched by Comedy Central. Categories of the awards; Features of the awards shows.
- Hong Kong coverage nets award for China TV. Sullivan, Maureen // Variety;10/27/97, Vol. 368 Issue 12, p30
Reports on the presentation of Cable News Network's (CNN) first Dennis Anthony Memorial Award to the state broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) for its extensive coverage of Hong Kong's return to Chinese rule.