- Tigers set Fox Sports Detroit viewer record - again. SHEA, BILL // Crain's Detroit Business;10/7/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p0004
The article reports on the 9.59 household viewership rating set by the telecasts of Detroit Tigers baseball team games on regional cable broadcaster Fox Sports Detroit (FSD) in Michigan in the 2013 Major League Baseball (MLB) season. Greg Hammaren, vice president and general manager of FSD,...
- THE CABLE GUY Gary Cohen. B. R. // Sports Illustrated;4/3/2006, Vol. 104 Issue 14, p47
This article discusses former radio play-by-play baseball announcer Gary Cohen who will become the announcer for the New York Mets baseball team on the team's new cable-TV network, SportsNet NY. Calling games as an employee of a team-owned network can be tricky, but Cohen promises he won't go...
- Baseball's Challenge. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;09/25/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 37, p8
Reports that the Major League Baseball faces a formidable test of competing for viewers against the television networks' season premieres, and presidential and vice presidential debates in October 2000. Television ratings for the American League divisional playoffs; Event that have the most...
- Youth is served by baseball. Quindt, Fritz // Sporting News;9/30/2002, Vol. 226 Issue 39, p5
Focuses on the ratings performance of Major League Baseball games telecast. Decline in ratings due to competition with football; Percentage of teenagers attracted to the games; Factors attributed for the rise in the youth demographic.
- All-Star Game fouls out with Nielsens. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;7/17/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the rating of the television broadcasting of the All-Star Game of the Major League Baseball in the U.S. as of July 2003. Average number of viewers garnered by the show; Impact of advertising on the show's rating; Comparison between the rating of the show and the rating National...
- Yankees-Angels playoff brings viewers to plate. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;10/4/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 88, p1
Reports on the television ratings for the October 2, 2002 Major League Baseball game between the Anaheim Angels and the New York Yankees. Figures released by Nielsen; Coverage of the game by Fox; Comparison with viewership figures for the October 3, 2002 game between the two teams.
- Fox Espanol gets World Series. Sporich, Brett // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/8/2001, Vol. 368 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on sports cable network Fox Sports World Espanol's acquisition of rights to the 2001's Major League Baseball playoffs and World Series. Proposal to produce comprehensive coverage of the playoffs; On-air graphics and audio packages.
- Fox draws crowd for Yankees win. Greppi, Michele // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/10/2000, Vol. 365 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the ratings received by television sports programs covering the Major League Baseball division playoff series in the United States for the week of October 10-16, 2000. Overnight ratings received for Fox Broadcasting's coverage of the New York Yankees' American League Championship...
- Virtual Ads Set to Pitch. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;03/22/99, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p12
Reports that virtual television advertising on Major League Baseball telecasts is expected to increase in the 1999 season. Rate of increase for the San Diego Padres; Other teams that sell virtual advertisements; Comments from industry executives.