Ski Party With a Purpose
- Ability Trek Begins June 1. Chalmers, Gregg // Palaestra;Spring2007, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p11
The article focuses on endurance amputee cyclist Dan Sheret, who announced his itinerary and plans for his AbilityTrek 2007, which is a cycling adventure in which he will cycle 16,000 miles across four continents, circumnavigating the globe in an effort to continue his message of hope and...
- Supporting Athletes. // Sports 'n Spokes Magazine;Jan2006, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p58
The article reports on Olympic gold medallists Bonnie Blair and Summer Sanders' team up with Visa USA to launch the Visa Dollar for the Dream program. The program is aimed at helping support U.S. Olympic and Paralympic team hopefuls. The article discusses the financial support needed by...
- National center plans sports night. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/8/96 Supplement, Vol. 43 Issue 15, p47
Reports on the planning for the Celebrity Sports Night at the National Center for Disability Services in Albertson, New York. Comments from center president Edmund Cortez; Number of people expected; Amount of money expected to be raised; Celebrity line-up.
- Fundraising Moccasin Walk success spurs talk of replay. // Eastern Door;11/2/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p7
The article reports on the $65,000 raised from the Moccasin Walk fundraiser in Kahnawake, Quebec, which will fund the new handicapped-accessible bus for the Kateri Memorial Hospital Centre (KMHC).
- On track. // Business NH Magazine;Apr94, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the 24 Hour Relay fund raiser of the Easter Seal Society of New Hampshire. Perfect way of building team spirit; Programs for dancing and basketball in the night.
- 50 Marathons. // PN;Jun2013, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p48
The article discusses wheelchair marathon team, Team Reeve, working towards completing 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 weeks.
- Bead by bead. Flood, Amelia // Granite City Press-Record;8/8/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 32, pA1
The article reports on the Beads with Benefits, a social enterprise program that benefits the Tri- Cities Area Association for the Handicapped in Granite City, Illinois.
- Chocolate and Hockenberry. Feingold, Jeff // New Hampshire Business Review;09/08/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p5
Previews the second annual Chocolate Blues fund raising event for the Very Special Arts organization scheduled on September 21, 2000, in Manchester, New Hampshire. List of entertainers; Awards; Contact information.
- Opinion: The Paralympic spirit is not given to us all. Farrell, Liam // GP: General Practitioner;9/19/2012, p20
The author discusses the success of the 2012 Paralympics in London, England and how the Paralympic spirit has inspired him to support athletes with disabilities. He shares his experience of following the Paralympics and meeting enthusiastic disabled athletes at the event. He also suggests the...