Britt: Keep the Field Level
- Managing Change. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/29/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p28
The article discusses strategies by Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) chief executive officer Glenn Brit and his team for managing change in the company. As TWC moves nearer to separating from its parent, Britt has organized a team, which includes chief operating officer Landel Hobbs, chief financial...
- Discovery Hopes to Mine Gold at Comcast. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/5/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p72
The article offers information on the rejection of the merger of the telecommunication firms Comcast and Time Warner Cable. It mentions that Comcast drops Discovery's channels altogether, determining that it would save more than it would lose by not carrying the networks. Also includes statement...
- It's an on-demand world. Santo, Brian; Robuck, Mike; Patterson, Traci; Kuhl, Craig // CED;Nov2009, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p30
The article reports that "TV Everywhere" has dominated the Cable-Tec Expo in Denver, Colorado. It notes that almost every company that provides on-demand content had jumped on the bandwagon, demonstrating how they are enabling TV Everywhere. Peter Stern, Time Warner Cable executive vice...
- Time Warner dials up VOIP. // CED;Jul2003, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p8
Reports on Time Warner Cable's launching of packet-based voice services in Portland, Maine. Offering of unlimited long-distance calls in the United States.
- Time Warner Takes 100K Subs Off Block. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p12
Reports the decision of Time Warner Cable on not to sell thousands of subscribers in several smaller markets in the U.S. Company operation of Time Warner Cable; Confirmation of MSO spokesman Michael Luftman on the decision; Total number of MSO subscribers.
- Time Warner makes VOD push in Hawaii. // Electronic Media;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p12
Reports the commercial deployment of videos on demand by Oceanic Cable Division of Time Warner Cable in Hawaii.
- TW Minn. lowers Road Runner cost. // CED;Dec2000, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p20
Reports that Time Warner Cable Inc.'s Minnesota system has reduced the consumer cost of its Road Runner high-speed cable modem service.
- Verizon Will Buy AOL for $4.4 Billion in Massive Content Acquisition. Griner, David // Adweek;5/15/2015, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of the U.S. advertising technology player AOL by telecommunications firm Verizon in 4.4 billion dollars in 2015. Topics include the acquisition taking place after six years of spin off of AOL from cable telecommunications company Time Warner, the...
- Time Warner upgrades HFC networks with modems. Palumbo, Paul // Lightwave;Oct96, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p14
Reports that Time Warner Cable has begun activating parts of its national hybrid fiber/coaxial-cable (HFC) network. Network features; Decision to put up resources to upgrade clustered systems with HFC networks; Background information on the company.