CBS Cashes In With Verizon
- VERIZON FIOS OFFERS KID-FRIENDLY SUMMER FARE. Hecht, Isabella // Home Media Magazine;7/20/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p11
The article reports on the offering by Verizon FiOS TV and FiOS Internet of summer entertainment that is both child-friendly and educational in July 2009. About 1,000 children's programs are offered through the video-on-demand service of FiOS TV. The shows are content from Discovery Kids, the...
- NO SVOD PARTNER REVEALED YET FOR CBS SCI-FI SERIES. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;11/25/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 47, p6
The article reports that television network CBS Corp. has not named a subscription video-on-demand partner for its science fiction television series "Extant" starring Halle Berry which will air in 2014.
- FIOS DEBUTS DISNEY CHANNELL CONTENT. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/17/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p12
The article reports that Verizon's fiber optic services video on demand television (FiOS VOD TV) will debut "The Cheetah Girls: One World," on August 19, 2008 before it premiers on Disney Channel. FiOS also has premiered Disney Channel's "Disney Channel Games" and "Camp Rock" earlier this summer...
- Verizon Targets 150 HD Nets. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;11/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p10
The article announces the launch of a lineup of high-definition television channels and high-definition on-demand titles by Verizon Communications in the U.S. by the end of 2008. Verizon also cited the its plans to expand its sports and multicultural programming. It also plans to update its...
- LOVEFILM ADDS WARNER TELEVISION SHOWS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;4/22/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p8
The article reports on subscription video-on-demand service LoveFilm Instant's signing of a content streaming deal with Warner Bros. International Television Distribution for the latter's episodic, serialized television shows.
- VOD:. // CableFAX Daily;8/22/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 162, p2
The article reports that Comcast launched "Lifetime" along with "Lovespring International" and "Cheerleader Nation" in its Video-on-Demand service.
- Verizon Schemes Stream Dreams. // Multichannel News;12/12/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 46, p2
The article reports that Verizon Communications might launch an Internet-streaming service in 2012 along with a bundle of TV shows and movies.
- Video-on-demand. Rose, Sarah // Campaign;3/30/2007 Supplement, p13
The article presents information on the television programs of Channel 4 shown on video-on-demand (VOD). It is stated that VOD enables people to watch television on their own terms. It is mentioned that millions of Channel 4 programmes have been watched on demand through the TV and PC, and the...
- Channel 4 plans on-demand service to safeguard its future. Jones, Gareth // New Media Age;1/12/2006, p3
This article reports on the plan of Channel 4 to launch a video-on-demand service that allows viewers to go online for access to some of its TV programs. The broadcasting company intends to increase its investment in new media for 2006, increasing the amount it spends on external commissioning....