Nothing But Net for DirecTV's ITV Hoops
- World Cup coverage shows red button is keeping it real. Watt, Andrew // New Media Age;7/27/2006, p27
The author comments on how interactive television (ITV) has helped revolutionize the 2006 World Cup coverage a better viewing experience. He believes that ITV could make the impossible possible especially when watching football. He can have access to news, fixtures and results on both BBC and...
- TV puts fans in game. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the plans of executives to create an interactive television for basketball fans in the United States. Opportunity to interact players, coaches, commentators and fans; Use of robotic cameras for audience to better navigate shots; Interactive packages offered by high technology companies.
- TO KNOW LIST 6: DirecTV is at it again. S. E. // Sporting News;2/5/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p5
This article discusses the broadcasting of baseball games. A reported deal between Major League Baseball and DirecTV will make DirecTV the exclusive provider of out-of-market baseball games over a seven-year span. The article notes that many baseball fans are angry about this deal, as it forces...
- Rising players. Bainbridge, James // New Media Age;7/6/2006, p25
The article provides information on the interactive television channel launched by sports Web site TeamTalk that would enable non-traditional broadcasters like mobile operators and bookmakers to start showing sports events. The interactive television aims to enhance the aspects of the sites that...
- Sky's cricket coverage puts the viewer in the driving seat. Meadows, Neil // New Media Age;7/12/2007, p25
The article discusses the efforts of interactive television (iTV) content provider Sky Sports to expand and improve its cricket coverage. Sky Sports introduced animated characters to explain some of the jargon used by its sports commentators. Sky allows viewers to edit and watch cricket shows on...
- SERVING UP INTERACTION:DirecTV Enhances Tennis, Adds Stats to NFL 'Ticket' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/14/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p3
The article reports on the partnership of DirecTV Inc. with NBC Universal to provide interactive coverage of the U.S. Open Grand Slam tennis tournament from August 28 to September 1, 2006. Interactive-enabled subscribers will be able to highlight a particular frame on the mix channel. A...
- DirecTV Readying Interactive Services. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/1/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p9
Reports on the plan of DirecTV to launch several interactive television applications simultaneous to the start of the season of the National Football League in the U.S. in September 2003. Features of the applications; Market opportunities from interactive television.
- Advertisers cash in on interactive sport. Bay, Alastair // Marketing (00253650);8/16/2001, p31
Reports on how advertisers can exploit the potential of interactive television sports channels in Great Britain. Expansion of the choices of viewers to gain their interest; Increase of the subscriber base; Improvement of the communication with viewers. INSET: INTERACTIVE TV'S BOOST FOR GAMBLING..
- BSkyB sets interactive soccer date. // Marketing Week;8/12/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p12
Reports that Great Britain-based television network BSkyB's Sky Sports Extra channel will air an interactive television broadcast of a soccer game on August 22, 1999. Details of the planned interactive broadcast.