Orange To Buy 43,700 Subscribers
- Buffalo Soldiers. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;4/13/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 15, p16
The article reports on the success of the news programs of WIVB in Buffalo, New York. It states that WIVB has been dominating the ratings of news programs, posting a 12 household rating per 22 share in March 2009. It is discussed that a May 2009 win in ratings would mark nine straight years for...
- EVEN BAD NEWS IS GOOD NEWS. Mathur, Arti // Variety;7/15/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 8, p21
Talks about the news broadcasting sector in India as of July 2002. Plan of New Delhi Television to launch channels in March 2002; Companies which are planning to also launch channels; Gain in advertising on news as a genre.
- STATION Dish. // Television Week;8/18/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p26
Presents updates on the U.S. television stations as of August 18, 2003. Performance of Chicago's NBC station WMAQ-TV from July 10 to August 6, 2003; Information on the 30-minute newscast produced by Tallahassee's Gray Communications-owned CBS station WCTV-TV for Pegasus-owned Fox station...
- Grand Rapids, Mich. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;6/27/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p9
Provides information on the state of the mass media industry in Grand Rapids, Michigan, as of June 27, 2005. TV station considered to be the market's perennial news leader; Domination of Comcast and Charter Communications in the cable television industry; Decline in the circulation of "Grand...
- St. Louis. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;6/14/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p14
Presents news briefs on the mass media industry in Saint Louis, Missouri as of June 14, 2004. Growth of TV broadcasting in the first quarter of 2004; Domination of Charter Communications in the cable industry; Plan to redesign the newspaper "Post-Dispatch."
- It's the Channels, Stupid. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);7/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p54
Focuses on the importance of television channels in selling digital television service. Information on Independent Film Channel's original programing for digital tier; Strategy of Charter Communications; Effect of programming on churn rate.
- Viewing the body. Seaton, Jean // New Humanist;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 120 Issue 6, p32
The article talks about the images of death on television screens. The media has become a part of social and political functions. It has been noted that the media takes on the task of providing sense of order and calm amid the chaos. Guidelines and protocols have been developed to govern the...
- Picture-Perfect. Wilner, Barry // Football Digest;Dec2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p42
Focuses on television broadcasting of football in the U.S.
- Butter side from all that. COUTTS, DOUG // Onfilm;Jun2012, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p4
The author gives his opinion about the closure of TVNZ 7. He finds it rare to see a letter from anyone bemoaning or lauding television. He highlights the scant discussion on the demise of TVNZ 7. He gets the impression that no one is going to miss the quasi-public service channel much. He has...