Pay TV Gets More Portable
- Cable, satellite aim high: Advertisers stay grounded. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age International;Mar1997, pI4
Focuses on the assessment of several multinational package goods and service advertisers about international cable and satellite television (TV). Pay off in increased advertising; Concerns on cultural distractions and organization related to international cable; Expectation for increase budgets...
- Cable must outmarket DBS firms. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p2
Focuses on the discussion about how cable television can lure back subscribers who defected to digital broadcast satellite (DBS), during the Cable Television Association of Marketers (CTAM) Summit. AT&T Broadband Services President Dan Somers' advice to market for the next generation of digital...
- Satellite hurting cable. Rohrs, Chris // Electronic Media;2/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on the impact of directly broadcast satellite television on the cable television viewership in the U.S. Decline in the growth of cable channels; Reasons for advertisers' preference for satellite channels; Plans of subscription satellite providers to expand their business activities.
- DBS Providers Push Low-Cost Offerings. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p28
Focuses on the competition between direct broadcast satellite and cable television providers in the United States. Promotions launched by cable companies to win back customers.
- Digital Cable: Ovrewhelmed With Choices? Kokernak, Michael // Response;May2002, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p18
Discusses the competition for subscribers between direct broadcast satellite providers and cable companies in the U.S. as of May 2002. Major shift in media buying rates and availability; Advances in digital technology; Limitations of the cable television industry; Background on the long-form...
- ...and on with it. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/99, Vol. 129 Issue 47, p114
Editorial. Focuses on the compulsory license/retransmission consent scheme for cable television in the United States. Coverage of satellite retransmission of local television signals; Extension to Internet streaming.
- Ask Donna. Ballast, Donna // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Sep99, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p12
Presents views on the viability of existing in-home cable television cabling for use with a digital satellite system. Need for a higher grade of coaxial cable; Problems in installation of cable; Avoidance of use of non-plenum-rated cable inside a plenum-rated innerduct.
- Satellite dish vs. cable TV. // Consumer Reports;Jul98, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p12
Compares satellite dish television services to cable television. Advantages of cable television including access to service, getting equipped and local programming; Advantages of satellite television including picture and sound quality and the breadth of programming; Limitations of each...
- CBS TeleNoticias going DTH. // Electronic Media;7/29/96, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p6
Reports on CBS TeleNoticias' plan to launch its 24-hour Spanish-language news network onto Galaxy, Latin America's DirecTV service, which offers direct-to-home satellite television entertainment to Latin America and the Caribbean. Launching of DirecTV in Venezuela on July 18, 1996.