Digital Recording Comes Out of the Box
- CABLEVISION VISION. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;5/22/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 33, p8
Reports on the offer of cable company Cablevision for Universal Studios and Universal Music. Terms of the proposed deal; Share price of Cablevision; Impact of the offer on the company's plan to sell its cable system to Time Warner Cable.
- DOLAN'S FOLLY? Farrell, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p1
Examines the controversy with regard to Cablevision Systems Corp. chairman Charles Dolan's plans to start a direct-broadcast satellite service called Rainbow DBS. Cost of Cablevision's satellite; Speculation regarding the satellite; Proposed date for providing commercial services using the...
- Cablevision Adds Latino Tier in N.Y. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p35
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. has deployed a Latino digital tier to New York City metropolitan area households. Number of Spanish-languages network started by the company; Monthly rent of the network; Types of programs available on the network.
- Why Cablevision Can't Get Respect. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/20/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 25, p14
Discusses the issues surrounding New York city-based cable television company Cablevision Systems Corp. as of June 2005. Information on the operations of Cablevision; History of the company; Services provided by the company for its customers. INSET: MONEY TALKS.
- Making News by Delivering It. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p60
The article discusses how Cablevision keeps its customers connected by putting community news in spotlight. It details how News 12 has become the standard in local news production by which all other cable operator-based local news operations are measured. Cablevision has invested significantly...
- The kings of Queens... Berelowitz, Marian // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pSR34
Features Cablevision Systems Corp., a company based in Long Island, New York run by father and son Charles and James Dolan. Information on Cablevision's audience reach; Percentage of stake owned by AT&T Corp. in Cablevision.
- News 12 debuts new service. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/16/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 17, p49A
Reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s New 12 network's launched of News 12 Interactive, a service that allow subscribers to customize the news to their interests and obtain additional content. Plans of the company to launch the service on iO or Interactive Optimum digital cable in Long Island,...
- ESPN nets Cablevision carriage. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;4/5/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the carriage deals made by ESPN, ESPN2 and other sister cable networks with Cablevision Systems Corp. in New York. Citation of other deals made by ESPN; Agreement of taking all of the services offered by ESPN; Deal in reducing annual service fee increases.
- THE CABLE VISION. Scanlon, Mavis; Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);11/11/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p5
Presents updates on U.S. cable television network operator Cablevision Systems as of November 11, 2002. Sale of its Bravo network to NBC; Information on its satellite network; Information on its digital product iO.