THIS JUST IN
- Comcast's On-Demand Discovery. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;6/21/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p8
Reports on the agreement between Discovery Networks and Comcast Corp. wherein Discovery will supply the MSO with programs from its various networks. List of networks of Discovery; Benefits of Discovery programming to Comcast; Importance of the VOD products of Comcast to cable networks.
- Comcast Adds Discovery HD. // Multichannel News;7/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p28
Reports on the addition of Discovery HD Theater to the high-definition television lineup of Comcast Corp. in the Dallas, Pennsylvania metropolitan area. Local channels joined by Discovery HD Theater; Number of International Channel Networks services launched by the company in Chicago, Illinois;...
- Discovery pushes more content. Francis, Leithen // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;1/10/2003, p12
Reports on the introduction of additional hours of content by Discovery Networks Asia to improve its programming. Reasons behind the introduction of additional hours; Strategy adopted by company to focus on theme based programs; Decision to increase broadcasting of programs; Plans of the...
- Discovery doubles ops. // Daily Variety;12/11/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the plan of the Discovery Network to venture into digital broadcasting and improve its infrastructural operations in India.
- Mall Program Drives Comcast Modems. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;2/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p70
Reports on an increase in the number of new cable-modem subscribers credited by Comcast Corp. to the demonstrations of Internet content tied to Discovery Channel's "Young Scientist Contest" held in U.S. malls as of February 2004. Percentage increase in modem sales from its kiosk locations...
- Rough Ride. Miller, Bill // Digital Content Producer;Feb2008, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p24
The article highlights the preparation made by the members of the Versus television team for the production and broadcasting of the professional bull riding sports event organized by the Professional Bull Riders Inc. (PBR) in the U.S. It provides information on how the types of trucks and...
- Nashville Is in Tune With the Times. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;3/24/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 11, p20
The article discusses the television (TV) broadcasting sector in Nashville, Tennessee as of March 2014. The TV market in the city has offered several newscasts at 4 in the morning, and the stations are planning to offer early morning news programs on weekends as well. The main subscription TV...
- Comcast taking stake in MTN regional net. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/20/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 12, p21
The article reports that cable operator Comcast Corp. has added another service to its sports operations, purchasing a 50% stake in the MountainWest Sports Network (MTN) in the United States. The Salt Lake City, Utah, cable system owned by Comcast will carry the MTN on its expanded-basic service...
- Comcast gives channels to Magic Johnson, Diddy. Sasso, Brendan // Hill;2/22/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p10
The article reports that four minority-owned television networks will be launched by Comcast Corp. which include the Aspire network to be led by former basketball player Magic Johnson, Revolt station proposed by Sean Diddy Combs, and BabyFirst Americas.