- Forint shows slight improvement against euro. // Hungary A.M.;12/16/2013, p5
The article focuses on the currency trading of forint of Hungary which shows a minimal improvement against euro, dollar, and Swiss franc.
- Could Euro Beat Dollar in Fair Fight? Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Nov2002, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p20
Examines the status of the euro against the U.S. dollar as of November 2002. Effect of fears about financing the massive U.S. current-account deficit on boosting the euro against the dollar; Impact of America's status as a debtor nation on hurting the dollar in an environment of heightened risk...
- The Dollar and Its Rival. FRANK, ELLEN // Dollars & Sense;Mar/Apr99, Issue 222, p8
Discusses the impact of the euro currency to the United States (US) dollar. Percentage of international bonds, bank accounts and foreign exchange reserves that are denominated in US dollars; Annual trade deficits run by the US; Significance of the launching of the Euro.
- Weak dollar, strong euro. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jun2002, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p22
Focuses on the factors that influenced the exchange rate between the Euro and the American dollar in the first half of 2002. Rally of the Euro attributed to factors that weaken the dollar.
- International pressures are taking center stage. Harding, Sy // New Hampshire Business Review;10/20/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p18
Reports on the competition between the euro and the American dollar. Problems with the divergence between the dollar and the euro; Solutions to the weakening dollar.
- Is Europe Still Affordable? // Insurance Conference Planner;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p29
Deals with the concern of U.S. companies that the increase in euro value against the dollar would make it difficult for them to finance travel incentive and meetings. Move of several U.S. companies to rethink their Europe incentive plans because of the decline of dollar; Budget-saving...
- The plight of the euro. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;9/9/99, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p20
Looks at the performance of the euro. Problems experienced since introduction; Valuation of euro versus the United States dollar; General consensus in the US and Europe that euro will rebound.
- The Euro, dollar, and international monetary system. Schroder, Jurgen // Journal of Asian Economics;Summer99, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p237
Focuses on a study on the question of whether the Euro will become an international currency and successfully compete with the United States (US) dollar in international markets. Functions of an international currency and the importance of the US dollar; Criteria for a national currency becoming...
- Continental Ca$h. Entin, Carli // Scholastic Math;01/25/99, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p2
Presents a math problem about converting the value of the euro currency to United States dollar.