Changing the Rules
- MPI's PEC-NA:Get Strategic. Bassett, Michael // Medical Meetings;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p41
Presents the highlights of the Professional Education Conference of Meeting Professionals International held in Charlotte, North Carolina in January 2006. Information on the Member Solutions initiative launched at the event; Replacement of the keynote speaker with a live news talk show format;...
- Streamline Your F&B Budget. Bassett, Michael // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Mar2007, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p25
Information about several papers discussed at the Meeting Professionals International's Professional Education Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana is presented. Certified meeting professional Janet R. Pickover, delivers a story about a meeting planner who managed to save hundreds of thousands...
- An Insight into Conference Planning. Russell-Sauvé, Cadi // Alki;Jul2013, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p20
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of planning and organizing the joint 2012 conference of the Oregon Library Association and Washington Library Association (OLA/WLA) as Programming Co-Chair.
- MM Pharma Forum to Release Research. // Medical Meetings;Dec2007, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p18
The article offers information on the fourth annual Pharmaceutical Meeting Planners Forum which will be held on March 17 to 19, 2008 at the Baltimore Convention Center in Maryland.
- The Cities with the Best Deals. Kovaleski, Dave // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Mar2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p29
Presents the cities that present the best deals for meeting planners in the U.S. in 2004. Popularity of Anaheim in California, Las Vegas in Nevada, Nashville in Tennessee and Norfolk, Virginia; Decline in popularity of Atlanta, Boston, Dallas and Denver.
- FICP BEYOND BOUNDARIES: CANCUN 2008. // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p62
The article offers information on the 2008 Financial & Insurance Conference Planners (FICP) Annual Conference that will be held at Cancun's Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach in Mexico from November 9 to 13.
- MPI event to include WTTC head. // Hotel & Motel Management;5/9/94, Vol. 209 Issue 8, p29
Reports that plans for Meeting Planners International's second European Conference on May 19-21, 1994 have been finalized. Conference theme; Speakers; Software features.
- A small convention designed to draw the BIG conventions. DÍAZ, ALEX // Caribbean Business;10/18/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 41, p2
The article offers information about the annual gathering of the International Congress & Convention Association (ICCA) to be held in Puerto Rico from October 21-24, 2012.
- Las Vegas: The Next Phase. // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p40
The article presents the views of Connie Jalet of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority on the thematic concept of the 2006 Financial & Insurance Conference Planners Annual Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. Jalet notes that the choice of evolve as the concept was perfect for the event....