Red Bull Scores With MIS
- This Soccer Team Is Now Brought to You by Red Bull. Bosman, Julie // New York Times Upfront;4/24/2006, Vol. 138 Issue 13, p33
Comments on the renaming of the Major League Soccer team MetroStars with New York Red Bulls. Reaction of fans on the team's new name; Expectation of advertisers on the strength of the energy drink company's advertising scheme.
- U.S. Soccer Needs Its Teenage Kicks. Plagenhoef, Scott // Soccer Digest;Aug/Sep99, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
Presents a blueprint aimed at turning the United States into a true world soccer power. Importance of the Major League Soccer; Construction of soccer-specific stadiums; Organization of youth programs.
- ESPN Cuts Soccer Deal On the Cheap. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p43
Reports the five-year deal of ESPN and ABC Sports with Major League Soccer. Coverage of men's pro soccer league and the three World Cup competitions; Management of sales, service and broadcast production for the World Cup properties; Presentation of 17 and 46 live 2002 World Cup matches.
- NBC gets kick out of deal. THIELMAN, SAM // Daily Variety;8/11/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 24, p6
The article reports on the deal between NBC Sports and Major League Soccer for the broadcasting of 45 soccer games.
- Bonds Are the Goal Here. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p1
Reports that Major League Soccer is planning to finance its planned sports stadiums in the United States with tax-exempt mortgage bonds. Overview on the efforts of the league in obtaining tax-exempt financing for its speculated stadiums; League's plans of increasing the number of teams over the...
- Web Communications of Environmental Sustainability Initiatives at Sport Facilities Hosting Major League Soccer. Mallen, Cheryl; Chard, Chris; Sime, Iain // Journal of Management & Sustainability;Sep2013, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p115
We are living in times of tremendous ecological change (Winn & Kirchgeorg, 2005). In response, the United Nations (UN) promotes a movement towards safeguarding the natural environment or environmental sustainability (ES). Sport has not been immune from the challenges of ES and, thus, the guiding...
- An Investigation of Major League Soccer Attendance. Argeris, Steve; Nagel, Mark S. // Journal of Venue & Event Management;Nov2013, Vol. 4 Issue 2, preceding p64
While there is much literature on the drivers of attendance at major American professional sports leagues as well as major European soccer leagues, there has been little evaluation of the now 20-year-old Major League Soccer (MLS). Initially, America's top-division soccer league was primary...
- K.C.'s Soccer Complex. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32295, p27
The article focuses on plans for the construction of a Major League Soccer complex in Kansas City, Kansas. The construction of a $125 million Major League Soccer complex and youth playing fields in the southern suburbs of Kansas City has been approved by a 13-member committee. The site for the...
- It's Time for Soccer to Make its Move From the Schoolyard to the Stadium. thomas, mike // Orlando Life;Jun2013, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p56
The author expresses his views on having Major League Soccer in Central Florida. According to the author, having a soccer stadium can also host a number of other events and may help add ridership for SunRail in return. He believes that money is not an issue when it comes to building a downtown...