SC Educational Authority to Sell $40M for Furman University
- Massachusetts Official Says $3B Needed For School Construction. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p1
Reports on the proposed new school building authority in Massachusetts. Methods of financing school construction projects in the state; Details of the state's planned projects; Role of the Massachusetts legislature in the financing.
- MASSACHUSETTS: MSBA's Big Plans for '07. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/23/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32492, p39
The article reports on the plan of the Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA) to issue bonds to help finance school construction in 2007. The authority intends to issue nearly $1 billion bonds and about $500 million of commercial paper to help construct school facilities throughout the...
- Teacher losses mask net rise in numbers. // Public Finance;5/7/2004, p14
Discusses a report of the British Department for Education and Skills indicating that English primary schools lost 800 teachers in 2003 due to funding problems and declining number of pupils. Widespread redundancies; Measures introduced to restore stability and certainty to school budgets.
- Is There a Better Way to Pay for Schools? // Education Digest;Feb1955, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p1
This article presents several methods of financing schools. According to the author, most people of today particularly those whose communities have been flooded with low-cost houses are looking for better ways to provide schools. As stated in the study, sales tax of Georgia and California were...
- SELCO Gives $23K. // Credit Union Times;12/9/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p12
The article reports on the 23,037 dollars in grants given by SELCO Community Credit Union to teachers in the U.S. It notes that the credit union gave out 95 grants worth 250 dollars for the funding of K-12 classrooms. It adds that the grants aims to improve the academic skills in reading, math,...
- Building Maintenance Budget. // EPM Weekly Bulletin;3/25/2002, Issue 84, p60
Focuses on the allocation of funds for education and library boards in Great Britain. Maintenance of the school property; Presentation of allotted budget; Importance of education funds.
- Financing New School Construction and Modernization: Evidence from California. Brunner, Eric J.; Rueben, Kim // National Tax Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p527
Examines the level and distribution of school facilities spending in California. Impact of Proposition 13 on the spending level; Disparity in the distribution of revenue for the facilities; Differences in enrollment growth.
- News in brief. // Education Week;8/7/96, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p26
Presents education-related news items in the United States. Amount budgeted for school repairs in Arizona; Amount allocated to help the poorest schools build or repair facilities; Rank of Virginia among states with substandard school facilities.
- Facilities and funding issues making news. // American School & University;Sep97, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p3
Presents a news briefs concerning school facilities and finance in the United States, as of September 1997. Special legislative session in Florida to curb escalating school overcrowding problems; Creation of a state planning commission in Nevada to evaluate school facilities and appropriate...