Muni Market Firms, Treasuries Rally
- Panelists: Mixed macroeconomics keep carry trades popular. D. M. // Asset Securitization Report;10/9/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 38, p14
The article reports on the effect of widespread talks on a meltdown in the housing market on the residential mortgage-backed security sector in the U.S. The talks have not diminished the popularity of carry trades, instead, continue to attract many hedge fund and other related fastmoney players....
- Stock Smarts. Bangma, Greg // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);10/22/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p43
The article focuses on the increase in the number of commercial real estate vacancies due to the continued contraction of the housing market. It notes increasing contract cancellations in the residential real estate market. Developing nations are shifting from debt instruments in an attempt to...
- Average Rate, Yields Higher; Personnel Shifts Seen in Bond Market. // National Mortgage News;2/28/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p5
This article reports that the long-term rate-indicative Treasury yield at press time was sustaining the higher trading levels seen the previous week, completing its return to the point it had been at before a weaker-than expected employment report had pressured it downward to 4.0%, even moving...
- Housing Forecast. // Qualified Remodeler;Jun2010, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p14
The article reports that economists participating in a National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Construction Forecast Conference Webinar agreed that the housing market is on the road to recovery, but cautioned that there are several factors that could contribute to a bumpy ride in the coming...
- Baby Boomers Settle Down. // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Nov2004, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p28
Presents information on the housing market adjusting in order to meet new demand after the expiry of baby boomer generation.
- Top reasons home won't sell. Hymer, Dian // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/18/2008, Issue 1095, p45
The article identifies the factors contributing to low sales in residential real estate in 2008.
- In brief. // Estates Gazette;12/19/2009, Issue 950, p18
This section offers news briefs on the residential real estate in Great Britain as of December 19, 2009, including the predicted 1 billion pounds of investment to be made by funds in homes according to Homes and Communities Agency chief executive Bob Kerslake, the slow recovery of the housing...
- RICS predicts UK housing underclass. // Building Design;9/19/2003, Issue 1594, p21
Reports on the decline in the availability of housing in Great Britain.
- Monmouth's market still weak, but shows stability. Lee, Evelyn // njbiz;4/19/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p3
The article reports that a report by the planning board of Monmouth County in New Jersey revealed that its residential real estate market remained stable in certain segments but continued to show signs of weakness in 2009.