Back to the Drawing Board
- This Trader Exodus Has Legs. Sargent, Carolyn; McDermott, Judy // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/14/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the rising trend of hedging in the U.S. Advantages of hedge funds; Impact of the trend on the investment banking industry; Benefits of hedge funds for traders.
- Michigan school invests with in-state companies. // Pensions & Investments;8/6/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 16, p18
This article presents several investment topics of interests in the news. The University of Michigan Board of Regents, Ann Arbor approves investments under the State of Michigan Conflict of Interest Statute, the investment management branch White Mountain Advisors buys a 7.5% stake in the hedge...
- Bear-ly Tolerant. Newberry, Jon // ABA Journal;Jun2001, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p78
Discusses the advantages of hedge fund investment. Difference between a hedge fund and a mutual fund; Reasons for the increasing interest of investors in hedge funds; Pieces of advice on hedge fund investing. INSETS: Hedge Fund Strategies;Investors Welcome-If They Qualify.
- What's a hedge fund, anyway? Kane, Leslie // Medical Economics;8/23/2002, Vol. 79 Issue 16, p59
Provides information on hedge funds in the United States. Difference of hedge funds from mutual funds; Risks associated with hedge funds; Rules imposed by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission on hedge funds.
- Hacked hedges hope to reshape. Delport, Rikus // Finance Week;07/21/2000, p57
Reports on the performance of unit trusts and hedge funds in South Africa's local industry as of July 21, 2000. Disappearance of hedge funds in the local industry; Return to traditional investment funds; Advantage of hedge funds; Prohibitions on hedge funds; Work being done to make hedge funds...
- The Truth about Hedge Funds. Osterberg, William P.; Thomson, James B. // Economic Commentary;05/01/99, p1
Discusses the feasibility of regulating hedge funds in the United States. Overview of the hedge fund industry; Comparison of hedge funds and mutual funds; Structure of hedge funds; Market strategy of hedge funds in trading securities; Regulation of hedge funds.
- Funds-of-Hedge Funds Gain World Interest. Frankie, Chris // Money Management Executive;6/16/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the concerns on offering hedge funds to average investors. Signs of acceptability of hedge fund in Europe; Legislation in Ireland and France that allow lower-end investors access to hedge fund; Growth of hedge fund industry in the U.S.
- HEDGING MARKET RISK. Scott, Matthew S.; Korn, Donald Jay // Black Enterprise;Nov2002, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p40
Discusses hedge funds. Reason hedge funds are also known as absolute return vehicles; Hedge fund managers' ways of earning profits; Advice from Russ Kinnel, director of fund analysis at Morningstar Incorporated.
- SC Asian Opportunity uncovers profits in undervalued stocks. // Asia Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
The article reports on the strong performance of the AS Asian Opportunity Fund citing its 6.6 percent gain as of April 2014.