Indie Research Consolidation Picks Up
- Accruals, class actions linked? Calio, Vince // Pensions & Investments;7/25/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p8
This article reports that Criterion Research Group LLC claims to have discovered a quantifiable way to predict which public companies will get sued. Neil Baron, chairman, said public companies with high accruals on their balance sheets are more likely to have class-action lawsuits brought...
- Scope Ã¼bernimmt Ratingagentur PSR. // Risiko Manager;2012, Issue 4, p22
The article announces the takeover of the Ratings Agent, PSR Rating, by the Ratings Agent, Scope, both based in Germany.
- Fitch ramps up in ratings game. LC; Shaw, Joy // High Yield Report;03/13/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Reports the plans of FitchIBCA to buy Duff & Phelps company. Competition of the merged company with Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's Rating Service; Expansion plans of the merged ratings company; Domination of S&P and Moody on the credit rating business; Impact of the merger on...
- Separating M & A Fact From Fiction. Stipe, Kevin // National Underwriter / P&C;7/26/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 28, p10
Presents management tips related to the insurance merger and acquisition marketplace in the U.S. Value of a typical rating agency; Way to maximize an agency's value; Manner by which a bank will typically pay a premium for its first acquisition.
- S&P Lowers MedStar Health. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;05/16/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31140, p4
Reports the lowering of MedStar Health ratings by Standard & Poor's in May 2001. Effects of lowering on multimodal revenue bonds; Effect of the acquisition of Georgetown University Hospital by MedStar Health on MedStar financial resources; Agencies contributing to the downgrade of Standard &...
- Masco installs two subsidiaries in deals worth $719M. Green, Leslie // Crain's Detroit Business;12/04/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p3
Reports the acquisition of installation companies by Masco Corp. in Taylor, Michigan. Projections on the pretax gain from the sale of MascoTech Corp.; Analysis of the acquisitions by rating agencies; Plans of the company to acquire locks and hardware installation firms.
- Moody's Wants Consistency in Shadow Ratings Behind CMBS Deals. // National Mortgage News;6/16/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p18
Focuses on the role of the rating agencies in analyzing the credit risk involved in commercial mortgage fusion deals in New York. Details on the specific loan default risk; Proportion of credit risks shared by the two companies; Concerns over property value.
- Returns to Acquiring Firms: The Role of Managerial Ownership, Managerial Wealth, and Outside Owners. Shinn, Earl W. // Journal of Economics & Finance;Spring99, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p78
Investigates the extent to which wealth effects of acquisition activity undertaken by firms in one industry are related to managerial wealth and ownership. Alignment of the interests of executives and shareholders of acquiring firms; Potential conflict between the managers and owners of...
- How to avoid becoming a middle-aged 'has-been' // Industrial Management;Oct68, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p12
Presents guidelines for managers who are losing their jobs due to company mergers. Job search; Importance of job skills and experiences; Adaptation to new jobs.