Still Willing to Fund Satellite Start-Ups
- MSV Executives: Harbinger Deal Guarantees Innovation. // Satellite News;7/30/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p2
The article reports on a $500 million funding deal from the company Harbinger Capital Partners with Mobile Satellite Ventures LP (MSV). According to two of Harbinger's senior executives, the deal has come at a critical time for MSV. The agreement, which was announced on July 25 2008, provides...
- MSV pushes satellite-terrestrial wireless network. // RCR Wireless News;11/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p7
Deals with the efforts of Mobile Satellite Ventures to promote its terrestrial-satellite wireless offering. Plan of the company to focus on patent licensing and enforcement efforts; Vision of the company; Features of the satellite-terrestrial system.
- Mobile Satellite Ventures Awarded Multiple Patents for its New Satellite-Terrestrial Communications Network. // Remote Site & Equipment Management;Feb/Mar2009, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p19
The article reports on the multiple patents received by Mobile Satellite Ventures (MSV) for its Satellite-Terrestrial Communications Network. It states that MSV has obtained patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office namely, "Network-Assisted Global Positioning Systems, Methods and...
- BRIEFS--APCO EDITION. // Mobile Radio Technology;Sep2003, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p14
Reports on developments involving companies in the communications industries as of September 2003. Announcement of Mobile Satellite Ventures with regards to Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Urban Search and Rescue team's decision to choose its radio-dispatch services as part of the team's command vehicle...
- MSV rolls out mutual-aid talk groups. // Mobile Radio Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p14
The article reports on the mutual-aid talk groups initiated by Mobile Satellite Ventures LP (MSV) in Reston, Virginia. According to the author, the radio talk will be carried out through MSV's satellite communications network. In addition, the Louisiana Governor's Office of Homeland Security and...
- Wireless Matrix Extends Contract With Mobile Satellite Ventures. // Satellite Today;1/31/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p3
This article reports that Wireless Matrix Corp. has executed a contract extension with Mobile Satellite Ventures (MSV) to continue providing satellite services through January 2008. The satellite service is a key component of Wireless Matrix's Wide Area Wireless communications network. The...
- MSV announces public-safety rate, PTT handset. // RCR Wireless News;2/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p28
Reports on the introduction of a rate plan program and push-to-talk handsets by mobile satellite communications provider Mobile Satellite Ventures. Features of the handsets; Significance of the rate plan.
- MSV Completes First Trial Of Hybrid Wireless/Satellite System. Twachtman, Gregory // Satellite News;10/24/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p1
Reports on a hybrid terrestrial wireless/satellite network demonstrated by Mobile Satellite Ventures (MSV) on October 19, 2005. Description of the system; Significance of the demonstration to MSV; Goal of MSV.
- ATC: Facing Steep Uphill Climb. Brown, Peter J. // VIA Satellite;9/1/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p6
The article explores the operation of ancillary terrestrial component in the U.S. According to the author, since the Federal Communications Commission adopted rules for licensing and operation of ancillary terrestrial component (ATC) in 2003, satellite industry observers have been wondering...