On Your Marksâ€¦
- Taiwan 3G auction totals reach $1.3B. // RCR Wireless News;2/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the total amount reached in bids for the auction of five third generation wireless communications technology in Taiwan.
- Wireless cash counts. G.M. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec99, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p21
Reports on Jamaica's announcement of bidding for the operation of two wireless communication networks. Terms of the bidding process; Number of bids initially received by the government; Measures imposed to guarantee sufficient funding from bidders.
- Adelstein's Curiosity Piqued By DE Rule. // TelecomWeb News Digest;10/24/2005, p6
The article deals with the reaction of Commissioner Jonathan S. Adelstein to proposed changes to designated entity (DE) rules involving third parties that can get credits and special access to the bands. According to Adelstein, he supports the U.S. Federal Communications Commission plans to...
- Competitive Bidding in a Certain Class of Auctions. Johansson, Mathias // AIP Conference Proceedings;2006, Vol. 872 Issue 1, p495
We consider the problem of determining the amount to bid in a certain type of auctions in which customers submit one sealed bid. The bid reflects the price a customer is willing to pay for one unit of the offered goods. The auction is repeated and at each auction each customer requests a certain...
- Are We There Yet? // CableFAX Daily;8/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 168, p2
The article focuses on the wireless spectrum auction launched by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Changes to the auction schedule may help speed the outcomes of the auction. The commission has already increased the number of bidding rounds per day and trimmed each bidding round to 30...
- Auction heats up as bidders target smaller licenses. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;8/21/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the competitive bidding for wireless communication licenses in the U.S. It has been 2-weeks since competition for regional licenses was taken which led potential new wireless players to cease efforts. T-Mobile USA Inc. is expected to succeed in its quest to expand a...
- Metrocall inks Philadelphia contract. // RCR Wireless News;2/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the competitive bid process won by Metrocall Inc. to deliver wireless communications in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- DBS, cable bidders may seek alternative partners. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;8/21/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p3
The article deals with the plan of companies to seek alternative partners in the wireless services spectrum auctions. In an initial anticipation that cable and satellite companies would use the advanced wireless services spectrum auction to enhance the mobile marketplace. Bidders who have...
- FCC rushes DE rules for June auction. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;2/6/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the opening of a review of a program by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) that gives bidding discounts to small businesses in wireless license auctions. The agency is seeking feedback on whether it should also limit small-business benefits, including bidding...