- Hacking through the data jungle. Kleiner, Kurt // New Scientist;11/15/97, Vol. 156 Issue 2108, p18
Highlights research at Rutgers University in New Jersey concerning a method for helping Web surfers find the most direct way to relevant information. Dependence of Internet search on keywords; Capitalizing of previous users' strategies for tracking information; Color coding of potential links.
- Palm and Pocket PC powerguide. Hilvert, John // Australian PC User;Jul2002, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p66
Offers tips on using pocket computers. Steps in achieving faster input with Graffiti and Block Recognizer; Ways to be productive using a Palm computer; Pocket PC productivity tips.
- Four key strategies to become technology-ready. Barsoum, Khalil // CMA Magazine;Nov96, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p4
Elaborates on the four key strategies that business leaders should adopt to ensure that organizations are technology-ready for the opportunities presented by the electronically connected world. Need to explore the World Wide Web; Alignment of business strategy with the Internet strategy;...
- Hiring With a High-Tech Twist. Ullman, Ellen // Working Mother;May2002, p15
Reports on the growing popularity of online hiring in the U.S. Online assessment of potential applicants; Use of videoconferencing to substitute interviews; Allowance of applicants to take a virtual walk through the company's offices.
- Money police face tough beat on Internet. Meister, David // American Banker;11/22/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 226, p13
Opinion. Comments on the implications of electronic commerce to law enforcement in the United States. Opportunities for fraud and abuse; Need for a regulatory scheme to police cyber-commerce; Federal arrests resulting from investigations conducted using on-line services; Nature of businesses...
- Hitching a ride into cyberspace. Resnick, Rosalind // Nation's Business;Jul94, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p66
Discusses the use of online services by small businesses. TKO Real Estate Adviroy Group's electronic listing service for real-estate professionals on the Internet; Benefits of Internet to small businesses; Use of online communication to send and receive messages; Online networking. INSETS:...
- Forget jewelry, the latest accessory is a computer. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;7/1/97, Vol. 89 Issue 151, p13
Reports on computers as accessories, or wearable computers. The electronic wallet being developed by Ted Selker at the IBM Almaden Research Center in San Jose, California; The wearable computer network; The US Navy's use of a wearable computer from Xybernaut; ViA Inc.'s development of a belt...
- RISC-based single-chip processor targets PDAs. Fletcher, Peter // Electronic Design;11/20/95, Vol. 43 Issue 24, p55
Reports the use of RISC-based single chip processor in personal digital assistants (PDA). Series of processor and peripheral chips that integrate as much PDA functionality as practical into one or two packages; Infusion of the technology in the PR30100 developed by Philips Semiconductors;...
- Where Innovation Lives! // Siliconindia;May2002, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p24
Examines technological innovations in the South Asian community. Gloom in the technology sector; Personal digital assistant; Robotic artificial-intelligence-based personal assistant.