- "CPO Guiding Principles" Part of Path to Promotion. Campa Jr, Joe R. // All Hands;Jul2008, Issue 1096, p4
The article reports on the reform of the performance evaluation and promotion standard for chief petty officers within the U.S. Navy which will be replaced by the CPO Guiding Principles, introduced in Fall 2006.
- The Fleet Needs Integrated Systems and Training. O'Neal, Michael A.; Davis, William O. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Apr2001, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p89
Focuses on the need to integrate shipboard performance monitoring, training, and assessment systems (PMTA) in the U.S. Navy. Initial trends in providing training to the naval officers; Benefits of the integrated approach in PMTA; Comparison of technical factors in prevailing and PMTA system;...
- Navy Recognizes IA/GSA on Fitness Reports and Evals. // All Hands;Aug2010, Issue 1121, p6
The article reports on the U.S. Navy's modification of its performance evaluations and advancement eligibility to its sailors.
- Any Day IN THE NAVY: A GLOBAL FORCE FOR GOOD. // All Hands;Oct2010, Issue 1123, preceding p1
The article highlights several members of the U.S. Navy who showed exceptional skills, including Abhan Terrence Wever, Kathleen McDowell and Rodney Booker.
- "Invasion of the Transformers". // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov2003, Vol. 129 Issue 11, p16
The U.S. Navy has allowed control of the art of sea warfare to fall into hands of political hacks and legions of civil service employees who inhabit the infrastructure of the Defense Department and services. The knowledge, training and experience of professional naval officers in matters of war...
- Duty Honor, Country and Semper Fidelis. Solis, Gary // Naval History;Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p44
Behind the U.S. Military Academy's rivalry with the U.S. Naval Academy lies a storied tradition of bringing the best of the U.S. Military Academy to the U.S. Marine Corps. Prior to 1882, vacancies for Marine lieutenants were filled by appointment of civilian candidates. By an 1882 congressional...
- Navy Pay. Gorenflo, Mark // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2001, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p62
Comments on the implementation of Defense Joint Military System of the United States Navy. Criticisms of the US Navy compensation system; Problems encountered in the pay system; Suggestions for the improvement of the system.
- Predicting job performance from background characteristics: More evidence from the public sector. Lavigna, Robert J. // Public Personnel Management;Fall92, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p347
Analyzes the relationships between academic and work background characteristics and performance appraisal scores for entry-level professionals in a public sector agency. Link of grade point average to appraisal scores; Job-related knowledge as a better criteria than background characteristic...
- Innovations in Performance Measurement: Trends and Research Implications. Ittner, Christopher D.; Larcker, David F. // Journal of Management Accounting Research;1998, Vol. 10, p205
Abstract: The objective of this paper is to foster research on recent innovations in performance measurement by providing a rich description of emerging measurement practices and suggesting directions for future research. Using survey data collected by consulting firms and government...