Proverbial Horns: Homegrown or Hybrid?
- Relay Your Message and Pass the Baton. Coleman, Ronny J. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;1/1/2012, p12
The author discusses fire-department succession planning. He talks about applying the principles of a relay game to the process of delegation, explaining that it is important to give people with potential a transparent insight about the job responsibilities of a fire chief to prepare them for...
- ON THE "INDISPENSABILITY" OF FIRE DEPARTMENT CHIEFS. Gasaway, Richard B. // Fire Engineering;Dec2006, Vol. 159 Issue 12, p10
The article presents the author's views on the role of fire department chiefs. As leaders of a fire service organization, chiefs owe it to their department, members and the community to plan for business continuity despite their absence. They should not be selfish as to think only of their job...
- Managerial Responsibilities of the Contemporary Fire Chief. Fleming, Robert S.; Zhu, Faye X. // Journal of Global Business Issues;Summer/Fall2009, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p57
This study examined the managerial responsibilities of the contemporary fire chief, as perceived by position incumbents. The contemporary fire department has a mission-critical role within the jurisdiction it serves to ensure that its "first responders" are prepared to effectively, efficiently,...
- Minnesota Fire and Rescue Mutual Aid Plan (FIREMAP). Dahm, Bob // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p25
The article provides information on the Minnesota Fire and Rescue Mutual Aid Plan (FIREMAP) of the Board of Directors of the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association. The Board recognized the need for a formal state-wide fire and rescue mutual aid plan and assigned its Emergency Management...
- Fire Chief - Visalia, California. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;8/ 1/2012, p1
The article announces that Visalia Fire Department in California is in search for a Fire Chief.
- Fire Chief - Beaver Lake Volunteer Fire Department (Ark.). // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/19/2012, p2
The article announces that the Beaver Lake Volunteer Fire Department in Arkansas is accepting applications for the position of full-time Fire Chief as of October 2012.
- THE DEPARTMENT OFFICER AS CHANGE AGENT. Buckman, John M. // Fire Engineering;Apr2002, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p10
Provides tips on change implementation dealings of fire department leaders. Reduction of authority; Disruption of established work patterns; Elimination of some securities.
- Fire Service Accreditation, 1710, and Standards of Response. Bruegman, Randy R. // Public Management (00333611);Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p4
Comments on the history of the fire service. System of evaluation needed for fire services; Description of the self-assessment process formed by the International Association of Fire Chiefs; Function of the Commission on Fire Accreditation International; Alternative ways to judge the deployment...
- Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association Executive Director. Brace, Tom // Minnesota Fire Chief;2014 Supplement Conference Program & Directory, p6
The article offers information on the 2015 Minnesota Fire Chiefs Association conference held in Duluth, Minnesota.