Medic Teams Need Help from the Bench
- Simulated Dirty Bomb Attack Tests Seattle's Resources. Hepburn, Bill; Gudmestad, Tom // Fire Engineering;Sep/Oct2003 Supplement, Vol. 156 Issue 9, p14
Describes the simulated dirty bomb attack tests conducted in Seattle, Washington. Significance of the simulated exercise for the state's emergency resources; Background of the congressionally mandated Top Official Exercise; Details of the structural firefighting training; Lessons learned by...
- EDITORIAL. Bird, Lyndon // Journal of Business Continuity & Emergency Planning;Spring2013, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p196
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the challenges and complexities of emergency management, with particular focus on issues confronting the emergency providers and the consequences of their commitment to saving others.
- Don't be in rush to use MEWS Plus. // ED Management;Apr2010, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p47
The article reports on the move of researchers who developed an expanded version of the modified early warning score (MEWS) for use in the emergency department (ED) to caution ED managers on the immediate use of the newer version.
- CNE/CME questions. // ED Management;Sep2007, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p107
A quiz concerning emergency department (ED) management is presented.
- THE COSTS OF DELAYED EMERGENCY RESPONSE. Nicholson, William C. // Fire Engineering;Dec2000, Vol. 153 Issue 12, p59
Discusses court cases in the United States that illustrated the law's differing ways of dealing with delayed emergency response services. Regester v. Longwood Ambulance Co. Inc. involving a government-controlled response organization and a privately owned response organization; Issues of...
- Developing a plan for your ED. // RN;Aug2000, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p24hf4
Lists the components of a mass casualty plan in the United States. Emergency procedures; Barrier protection recommendations; Infection control practices; Patient transport; Cleaning, disinfecting and sterilization procedures; Post-mortem disposition; Hospital laboratory procedures.
- Managing readiness. Carrison, Dan // Industrial Management;Jul2010, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p6
The article discusses the importance of establishing an emergency management plan to know what to do when such disaster comes such as the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. It focuses on the preparation policy by the chief executive officers, the financial aspect in managing disaster readiness and...
- Former MGM Mirage CEO Lanni severs ties with company. Stutz, Howard // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);12/8/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 49, pP14
The article announcement the retirement of Terry Lanni as chairman and chief executive officer of MGM Mirage.
- AWG's Rand to retire. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;8/28/2014, p1
The article announces the retirement of Mike Rand as chief operating officer (COO) for Associated Wholesale Grocers Inc. in the U.S.