- More protection in law urged for vulnerable road users. Pink, Hayley // Commercial Motor;6/2/2016, Vol. 225 Issue 5690, p5
The article focuses on the statement of Paul Kitson, cycle injury lawyer and supporter of charity Cycling UK, regarding the campaign of ensuring that law-breaking motorists will receive penalties and thorough traffic accident investigation between motorists and vulnerable road users (VRUs).
- Morning mix up. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/13/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p1
A photograph of Carlos Molina, Donley County, Texas' Department of Public Safety Trooper, interviewing Donley County resident San West regarding the vehicle accident is presented.
- Analysis of motor-vehicle crashes at stop signs in four
U.S. cities. Retting, Richard A.; Weinstein, Helen B.; Solomon, Mark G. // Chronicle of the American Driver & Traffic Safety Education Asso;Spring2004, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p2
Nearly 700,000 police-reported motor vehicle crashes occur annually at stop signs, and approximately one-third of these crashes involve injuries. The purpose of this study was to develop a better understanding of the crashes that occur at stop signs and to identify potential countermeasures....
- Racing bus injures two. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);7/23/2015, p1
The article offers a news brief on the accident that occurred where a minibus which was allegedly racing an air-conditioned bus hit and injured two pedestrians.The two injured pedestrians, Amar Nath Sahu and Rina Gupta were waiting near the Kalighat tram depot to cross the road when they saw the...
- Being an Expert Witness. Murray, Susan L. // Professional Safety;Mar2009, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p20
The article discusses the requirements of safety, health and environment (SH&E) professionals to be expert witnesses in court cases in the U.S. As a witness, SH&E professionals must offer their opinions on the safety regulations being violated or instances that contribute to the accident. To be...
- Laser sheds new light on case. Stansley, Joseph // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Dec94, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p9
Presents evidence obtained from a motorcycle speedometer used in an investigation of an accident between motorcycle and a passenger vehicle resulting in a fatality. Raritan Borough of New Jersey's police department's role; Assistance from the Somerset County Prosecutor's Office.
- Troopers called to investigate rural accidents. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);1/31/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p2
The article reports on the investigation made by the Texas Highway Patrol on several rural traffic accidents in Hill County, Texas during December 2006 .
- DPS troopers investigate rural accidents. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);5/2/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p9
The article reports on the investigation conducted by the Texas Highway Patrol on 97 rural traffic accidents in Hill County during March 2007.
- L.A. Crash. // Aspeers;Apr2010, p62
A photo essay is presented depicting police responding to traffic accidents in Los Angeles, California.