FIRE CHIEF Debuts Design Workshop
- At-a-Glance. // Wildfire;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p3
The article offers information on the 2013 Fourth Fire Behavior and Fuels Management Conference to be held in Raleigh, North Carolina on February 18-22 and in St. Petersburg, Russia on July 1-4.
- Knowledge is power. // Fire Safety Engineering;May2007, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p38
The article offers information about the activities at the Fire Industry Association (FIA) congress to be held in Birmingham, England on May 22, 2007.
- PUTTING THE PULASKI CONFERENCE IN PERSPECTIVE. Kirkendall, Jack // Fire Management Today;Spring2006, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p13
Highlights the significance of the first Pulaski Conference's Fire Suppression: Foundational Doctrine held in Alta, Utah on June 5-10, 2005. Contributions of fire management and agency administrator experience and leadership levels to the conference; Need to reshape the country's approach to...
- Fire Season Could Mean Double Trouble for West. Garfin, Gregg; Lenart, Melanie; Brown, Tim; Ochoa, Rick; Hockenberry, Heath // Wildfire;May/Jun2005, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p6
The article focuses on issues discussed at the National Seasonal Assessment Workshop, held March 28-April 1 in Boulder, Colorado. At the workshop, fire behavior analysts, fuels specialists, intelligence personnel, fire meteorologists and climate forecasters examined recent weather and fuels...
- Aerial firefighting. // Crisis Response Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p56
The article offers information on the Tangent Link International Aerial Firefighting Conference and Exhibition to be held in Malaga, Spain in December 2010.
- THE CERRO GRANDE PRESCRIBED FIRE ESCAPE MEETS THE FIRST MANAGING THE UNEXPECTED WORKSHOP. Keller, Paul // Fire Management Today;Spring2008, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p20
The article offers information on the first Managing the Unexpected in Prescribed Fire and Fire Use Operations, A Workshop on High Reliability Organizing event in May 2004 in Santa Fe, New Mexico. This event was participated by 100 members from the ranks of the national interagency wildland fire...
- PROCEEDINGS OF THE WILDLAND FIRE SAFETY SUMMITS. Alexander, Martin E.; Butler, Bret W. // Fire Management Today;Spring2008, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p49
The article focuses on the nine Wildland Fire Safety Summits hosted by the International Association of Wildland Fire (IWAF) at various locations in the U.S., Canada and overseas. These events bring together wildland firefighting prefessionals and others from around the world. Participants of...
- TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER AND WILDLAND FIRE MANAGEMENT/RESEARCH. Alexander, Martin E. // Fire Management Today;Spring2003, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p41
This article describes surveys and conventions attended by the author on fire management. In 2001, the author participated in a survey commissioned by the Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Centre's Forest Fire Science and Technology Working Group. The survey dealt with how fire managers and fire...
- CALL FOR INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION AT WILDFIRE CONFERENCE IN SOUTH AFRICA. Holtzhausen, Evelyn // Fire Management Today;2012, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p10
The article highlights an accord reached at the 5th International Wildfire Conference in South Africa on May 9-13, 2011, calling for global cooperation to address the issue of increasing wildfire disasters worldwide. A key point stressed is the need for wise use of fire in sustainable ecosystem...