Proposed Budget Slashes FIRE Grants
- Bush Budget Proposes Less Funds For Community FIs. // Credit Union Journal;2/10/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p2
Reports on the disappointment of the Community Development Financial Institutions Fund on the budget proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush for the organization.
- Bush plan funds Foley project. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;2/11/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p3
No abstract available.
- Memorandum on Determination Pursuant to Section 2(c)(1) of the Migration and Refugee Assistance Act of 1962, as Amended. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/1/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 39, p1390
Presents a memorandum submitted by United States President George W. Bush to Secretary of State Colin Powell on September 28, 2001, which determines the importance of providing refugee and migration funds under the Migration and Refugee Assistance Act of 1962.
- Bush Unveils $2.4T Federal Budget. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/3/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the proposed budget for 2005 by U.S. President George W. Bush. Improvement of funding for international trade and container security initiatives; Reduction of budget deficit; Revival of the manufacturing sector.
- A Red Herring. Zweifel, Dave // Progressive Populist;12/15/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p7
The article discusses the issue of earmark funding practice in the U.S. which was perfected by members of the U.S. Congress during the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush.
- Texas gov. eyes teacher-pension fund in search to pay for property-tax cut. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;3/12/97, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p17
Reports on Texas Governor George W. Bush's proposal to divert $47 million in teacher-pension funds to pay the overhead costs for the state's teacher-retirement system. Efforts of teachers' groups in the state to defeat Bush's initiative; Legislative hopes for the position of the teachers' groups.
- Budget Magic Tricks. Garrett, Elizabeth // World & I;Jul2003, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p54
Explains that budget is one of the areas which U.S. politicians try to manipulate to hide the negative aspects of government financial standing. Efforts of U.S. President George W. Bush to manipulate the budget in order hide the deficits of the federal government. Budget proposal for 2004;...
- When the President Visits. Zikmund, Nyle // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the visit of U.S. President George W. Bush to Blaine, Minnesota on September 16, 2004. Equipment prepared by the fire department for the visit; Duties of the Blaine police department during the event; Precautions taken to prepare for the arrival of the president.
- President Bush touts $3.1 trillion budget. Marre, Klaus // Hill;2/5/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p4
The article focuses on the $3.1 budget proposal for 2009 as released by President George W. Bush of the U.S. last March 3, 2008. The proposal, which was sent electronically for the first time, includes $70 billion earmarked for the fight against terrorism and $515 billion for the Department of...