Methyl Ethyl Ketone
- product focus. // Chemical Week;12/10/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 44, p26
Presents an update on the methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) market as of December 10, 2003. Price of MEK in the U.S., Europe and the Asia Pacific; Outlook for the market; Statistical data on worldwide MEK production.
- Some report pricing slump. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/21/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 22, p38
The article offers information concerning price hikes and pricing slump on chemicals including methylene chloride, methyl ethyl ketone, isopropanol and epichlorohydrin. It mentions that while more chemical products are increasing prices, Chinese epicholorohydrin prices dropped steeply for the...
- ...rollover for MEK. // Chemical Week;11/20/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 45, p48
States that methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) prices may not increase in January 1997. Forecast the MEL will roll over for the second consecutive quarter; Balance in market predicted to remain into first-quarter 1997.
- MEK slips in Asia -- will US and EU markets follow? BOSWELL, CLAY; Lin, Yeow Pei; Victory, Mark; Terry, Larry // ICIS Chemical Business;6/6/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 20, p20
The article reports on a decline in the prices of methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) in the U.S. and Europe, which has had an impact on the Asian market. Amid price declines in May 2011, sources in the Asian market reported a steep decline in MEK demand, which left traders and distributors with high...
- Hikes after MEK probe. Peh Soo Hwee; Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;11/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 45, p30
This article reports that China's antidumping investigation into methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) imports from Japan, Singapore and Taiwan has prompted a surge in domestic prices in 2006. The Ministry of Commerce stated that it would look into areas such as the extent of the damage to the local MEK...
- MEK. GUY JR, ANDREW // ICIS Chemical Business;7/15/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 24, p106
The article discusses methyl ethyl ketone (MEK). Topics include demand for MEK from the paints and coatings industry, the use of MEK in the processing of polystyrene and other chemicals, MEK exports and imports, and MEK prices as of 2013. Industry forecasts for the U.S., Asia, and Europe are...
- Asian MEK prices to stay firm on tight supply. SOH, ANGELINE // ICIS Chemical Business;9/30/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 9, p20
The article reports that anonymous chemical industry sources forecast that spot prices for methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) are likely to continue to increase in the autumn of 2013 in Asia. The forecast is attributed to factors including stable demand, relatively low supply and higher costs of...
- METHYL ETHYL KETONE. // Chemical Week;1/2/2001, Vol. 164 Issue 1, p43
Forecasts the state of the methyl ethyl ketone industry in 2002. Worldwide prices of methyl ethyl ketone; Decline in the demand for methyl ethyl ketone in 2001; Outlook on the demand for methyl ethyl ketone in 2002.
- INTERMEDIATES IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;12/5/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 18, p20
The article presents news briefs from the chemical industry including decline in the U.S. methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) contract values, decline in European November acrylic acid and acrylate esters freely negotiated contract prices, and decline in the U.S. isopropanol (IPA) contract values.