Cost Estimate for Dulles Metro Project Spikes to $2B
- Funds for Glasgow Subway upgrade. // Modern Railways;Apr2011, Vol. 68 Issue 751, p7
The article reports that Scottish Finance Secretary John Swinney will provide funds to support the modernization of the Glasgow Subway, proposed by Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT).
- MICHIGAN: City, County Get Bus Grant. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/25/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33753, p7
The article presents information on an announcement made by officials from Detroit, Michigan regarding a 30 million U.S. dollars federal grant won by the city to buy and upgrade buses among other capital upgrades.
- What's next, Queen mum futures? // Newsweek;3/10/1997, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p40
Notes efforts to improve Britain's subway system. The lack of capital invested in maintenance finally taking its toll.
- Airport Financing: Smaller Airports Face Future Funding Shortfalls: T-RCED-99-96. Dillingham, Gerald L. // GAO Reports;2/22/1999, p1
This testimony discusses airport funding issues, especially as they apply to smaller airports -- all but the 71 largest airports in the national airport system. These smaller airports range in size from small hub airports like Wichita Kansas' Mid-Continent Airport to small general aviation...
- TfL backs ï¿½385m Thames bridge. // Public Private Finance;Apr2004, Issue 82, p8
Reports on the Transport of London's support to plans to build a six-lane bridge over the Thames in east London, England through a private finance initiative. Construction cost; Government's efforts to regenerate the Thames Gateway.
- Primary Funding Sources - State. // Guide to Bicycle Project & Program Funding in California, 2002;2002, p28
The article offers information on government sources of bicycle transportation grants in California. The eligibility criteria of the Bicycle Transportation Account (BTA), Community Based Transportation Planning Demonstration Grant Program and Environmental Enhancement and Mitigation Program are...
- President, Congress closer together on highway funding level. Hernan, Patrick // Pit & Quarry;Mar2005, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p136
Comments on the renewed negotiations between the White House and Congress over a replacement package for TEA-21. Funding for highway, transit and safety programs under United States President George W. Bush's fiscal year 2006 budget proposal; Funding increase for the Safe, Accountable, Flexible,...
- UK confident of route funding. // Airline Business;Jun2005, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p21
Reports on the consideration of the British government to set up route development funds (RDF) for air services in Great Britain. Confidence of the government on the compliance of the start-up funds with the guidelines of the European Commission (EC); Interest of the EC on the RDF concept of...
- Rising costs threaten transportation projects. Roberts, Deon // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/6/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p7
The article reports on the concern of transportation officials on the funding of Heuy P. Long Bridge and other major transportation projects due to higher construction and labor cost in Louisiana. Some of the projects of the Department of Transportation and Development were postponed due to the...