IRS Puts Ky. County Under Microscope Again
- Altoona, Pa., Settles With IRS; Status of Water Bonds the Same. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;7/31/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32434, p6
The article reports that the Altoona City Authority in Pennsylvania made an agreement with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service regarding an audit of water revenue refunding bonds worth $53 million. The status of the municipal bonds remain the same in spite of the settlement. The agreement provides...
- IRS Auditing Nevada Issuer's Refunding Bonds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;5/8/2015, p1
The Internal Revenue Service is auditing general obligation refunding bonds issued in 2006 by the Clark County School District in Nevada.
- IRS Audit of Wayne County Jail Debt Seen as Credit Negative. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/21/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34380, p27
The article reports that the recent disclosure by Wayne County, Michigan that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is conducting a targeted audit of 200 million U.S. dollars of bonds is a credit negative, according to Moody's Investors Service. Topics covered include how the examination raises the...
- IRS Conducts 6700 Audit of Muni Issuer. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/12/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31511, p1
Reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service has conducted an audit of a governmental issuer of municipal bonds as of November 12, 2002. Allegations against the governmental issuer in connection with an alleged abusive bond transaction; Description of the tax laws regarding blind pool financing.
- Texas Utility District Cites Audit. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;7/20/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33352, p5
The article reports on the 5.2 million U.S. dollars of revenue bonds the Cinco Municipal Utility District No. 1 near Houston, Texas has issued in 2002 to reimburse the construction costs for several water supply projects and the notice received by the MUD from the Internal Revenue Service...
- Muni bond issuers are in for an enforcement shock. Lemov, Penelope // Governing;Jul97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p64
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service is actively auditing tax-exempt municipal bonds in the United States. Comments from Marcus Owens, the director of the Exempt Organizations Division; Reasons for the audit of the bonds.
- IRS appeal proposal gets included in reform bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/30/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30361, p1
Reports that municipal bond groups in the United States are optimistic after a proposal to enable issuers to appeal an Internal Revenue Service determination that their bonds are taxable. Proposal that will drive down demand for municipal bonds; Declaratory judgement procedures applicable to...
- IRS officials address controversy under a cloak of anonymity. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;04/02/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30364, p11
Presents an overview of the municipal bond yield-burning investigation and the role of the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) officials in municipal bond enforcement. IRS officials involved in municipal bond enforcement; Includes Marcus S. Owens and IRS commissioner Charles O. Rossotti;...
- IRS looks for yield burning in 22% of 206 ongoing muni bond audits. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;4/17/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30374, p1
Examines the practice of yield burning revealed by an investigation made by the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on tax-exempt bonds. Mechanism of yield burning; Transactions that may be taxable by the IRS; Determination of the degree of compliance by the municipal bond market on government...