Delaware to Offer a Portion of Upcoming $158M Sale to Retail Investors
- Delaware Courting Retail for Next Week's $1 72M GO Sale. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32415, p34
The article reports the intent of Delaware to set aside a portion of its 2006 general obligation bond sale for retail investors. Major rating agencies affirmed the state's natural triple-A rating in advance of the sale. About $43 million of the $172 million offering will be sold on a negotiated...
- Strips Increased $900M Last Month. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32854, p2
Reports on the increase in newly issued Treasury securities held in stripped form by about 900 million dollars in the U.S. Total securities eligible for stripping; Opportunity of investors to hold and trade the individual interest and principal components of eligible Treasury notes and bonds as...
- Trotz steigender Belastungen keine Schuldenkrise. Weidensteiner, Bernd // ifo Schnelldienst;9/15/2011, Vol. 64 Issue 17, p15
No abstract available.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, September 14. // Bond Buyer;9/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31969, p2
The article presents charts depicting current accounts, retail sales and municipal bond index. The charts are published in the September 15, 2004 issue of the public finance newspaper "The Bond Buyer."
- Credit Crunch Opening Door for Muni CDS. Hanson, Matthew; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/16/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32693, p1
The article reports on the growing interest of the European banks and other investors on municipal credit default swaps (CDS). It is stated that the municipal CDS market has grown to about $20 billion by the end of 2006 while it represented only a few billion dollars in notional amounts at the...
- Another Bailout? // National Review;11/21/1975, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p1280
Presents information on key issues and developments related to public finance policies in New York City. Discussion on the sale of federally guaranteed municipal securities; Details of the problems in public finance and the control of municipal securities; Strategies for improving public...
- When Monetary Policy Trumps All. Ochoa-Brillembourg, Hilda // International Economy;Spring2012, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p18
The article focuses on the challenges faced by investors over the financial crisis of 2007-2009. It warns that investors must rethink capital market expectations informed by long-run historical experience. Also, long-term investors need to reconsider the usefulness and appropriateness of...
- INTRODUCTION: Ownership of Federal Securities. // Treasury Bulletin;Dec2013, p50
Several tables are presented which provide information on the ownership of federal securities in the U.S. as of December 2013 such as the distribution of federal securities by type of issues and class of investors and the estimated ownership of the nation's Treasury securities.
- CONTRACTING FOR STATE INTERVENTION: THE ORIGINS OF SOVEREIGN DEBT ARBITRATION. Weidermaier, W. Mark C. // Law & Contemporary Problems;Fall2010, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p335
The article describes how the sovereign debt cannot explain the origins of arbitration clauses in contracts related to sovereign lending. It states that sovereign debt nowadays is owed to holders of sovereign bonds, although there have been times when commercial loans comprised the bulk of...