Acting Colorado Treasurer Steps Down as Coffman Returns from Iraq Tour
- Colorado State Senator Appointed Acting Treasurer. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32152, p31
The article reports that Colorado Governor Bill Owens last week appointed Senator Mark Hillman, Republican from Burlington, to serve as acting treasurer while elected Treasurer Mike Coffman serves a tour of duty in Iraq. Hillman, the current Senate minority leader, was considered a potential...
- Treasurer Mike Coffman. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p28
Profiles Mike Coffman, state treasurer of Colorado. Comments on duties and responsibilities; Career background; Educational attainment; Efforts in imposing legislation for pension bonds.
- Colo. Treasurer: Rainy-Day Fund Would Help Boost Ratings. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31546, p40
Reports that Colorado treasurer Mike Coffman will try to convince lawmakers in the legislative session of January 2003 to create a rainy-day fund which would help resolve fiscal crisis in the state and increase its credit rating. Impact of the proposal by Coffman to change the state's 1992...
- The New War Veterans in Congress: All Republicans, All Americans. De Wind, Dorian // Moderate Voice;1/2/2011, p13
A blog posted by Dorian De Wind on the war veterans serving in U.S. Congress in 2011, including Illinois Republican Mark Kirk, Colorado Republican Mike Coffman, and Allen West from Florida, is discussed.
- Colorade Committee Will Rethink School Funding Methods. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31547, p4
Reports that Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman is planning to form a committee for implementing possible changes in its school funding programs. Composition of the committee; Information on the state's intercept program for schools that guarantees bondholders repayment of outstanding debt;...
- Colorado Official Seeks Big Changes in Wake of St. Vrain Woes. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/13/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31532, p40
Reports on the plans of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman to send a team of financial advisors to write a plan to help the Saint Vrain Valley School District recover from its financial problems. Jobs to be carried out by these advisors; Intention of Coffman to support a legislation to eliminate a...
- On the lot of an interim manager. Brooks, Mike // Accountancy;Jan2006, Vol. 137 Issue 1349, p24
The article discusses the two principal sources of satisfaction in running a small accountancy practice. The responsibility of an interim finance director is explained. It Problems encountered in interim management are discussed.
- IN THE INTERIM. MCCARTHY, CHRIS // Accountancy;Jun2011, Vol. 147 Issue 1414, p58
The article discusses the advantages and disadvantages of working as an interim for finance professionals in Great Britain. It details how interim workers are exposed to a variety of industry sectors and are able to gain insights into different organisational culture. Waiting for the next...
- Colorado Treasurer Puts School District Finances, Financing Under Microscope. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/30/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31563, p29
Reports on the plans of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman to standardize school accounting in the state. Provisions under the amendment 23 of the state's constitution; Need to standardize accounting practices in schools; Reference to the example of confusing practices followed by Elizabeth School...