New $1.43B Bid Submitted for S.F. Bay Bridge East Span Project
- Contractors Anticipate Rebidding of Signature Span. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/23/2006, Vol. 256 Issue 3, p18
This article reports that the defining moment of the $6.2-billion San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge project in California could come on February 1, 2006 when bids open for the self-anchored suspension span. More than 75 contractors attended an outreach meeting in November 2005. They include...
- San Francisco Bay Bridge Tower Takes Shape. Carlsen, Robert // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/9/2010, p1
The article reports that construction of the San Francisco Bay Bridge's self-anchored suspension span has begun with the erection of the main steel tower in July 2010. The bridge's 525-foot high tower was assembled from four segments through the collaboration of American Bridge and Fluor Corp....
- Plan To Repair Broken Bay Bridge Bolts Based Upon Custom Steel Saddles. Aragon, Greg // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/20/2013, Vol. 270 Issue 14, p15
The article discusses a proposal by the California Toll Bridge Program Oversight Committee (TBPOC) for the repair of bolt rods on the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, which failed when tightened in March 2013. TBPOC suggested that project contractor American Bridge-Fluor Joint Venture install...
- Abridged version of a California split. Sneider, Daniel // Christian Science Monitor;3/12/97, Vol. 89 Issue 73, p3
Opinion. Comments on the repairs needed for the Bay Bridge, which is situated between northern and southern California. How the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake affected the bridge; Comments from Senator Bill Lockyer; Efforts to get financing for the bridge's repairs.
- Bay bridge panel narrows field. Rosenbaum, David B. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/26/97, Vol. 238 Issue 21, p15
Reports on the California-based San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge Engineering and Design Advisory panel's narrowing down of its structural choices for a single conceptual design. Savings on foundation costs; Geologic information involving determination of Ice Age Creek; Metropolitan...
- Suspension design is approved for replacement of Bay Bridge span. Fang, Eric C.Y. // Architectural Record;Aug1998, Vol. 186 Issue 8, p46
Reports the a single-tower self-anchored suspension design was approved to replace the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, San Francisco, California East Span, by the Metropolitan Transportation Commission. Architectural firms involved in the consultation for the design of a suspension scheme;...
- Repairing a Bay Area landmark. // Newsweek;5/12/1997, Vol. 129 Issue 19, p12
Looks at computer-created designs for the rebuilding of the Oakland Bay Bridge in San Francisco, California. How the designs were created.
- Contentious bay span approved. Rosenbaum, David B. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/06/98, Vol. 241 Issue 1, p15
Reports on the approval on the design plans for the construction of San Francisco Oakland Bay Bridge, California. Details on the design plan; Estimation on the price of the construction; Technical challenges of the design plan on contractors.
- BATA and BABs, Together Again. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/17/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33317, p1
The article reports on the plan of the California Bay Area Toll Authority (BATA) to hit the market with a hefty Build America Bond (BAB) deal in June 2010 by issuing up to 4 billion dollars in toll revenue bonds to complete the new quake-proofed span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge.