D.C. Stadium Issue Set for Mid-May Tobacco Deal in Summer
- Philadelphia Airport Sets $265M for Projects, Refunding. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;8/6/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32685, p8
The article reports on the decision of the municipal government of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to issue $265 million worth of airport revenue bonds. The bonds will be used to finance capital projects and refunding for the Philadelphia International Airport. The deal will include $180 million of...
- Southeast Voters OK Some Big Bond Deals, Property Tax Curbs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/9/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32505, p6
The article reports on the municipal bonds for schools and roads approved by the voters in the Southeastern states in the U.S. A $970 million of general obligation bonds from Wake County, North Carolina was predicted to reflect in the market after voter's approval for the debt issuance....
- S&P: 'Crisis Proportions' For Pensions. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32055, p1
This article presents findings from a report issued by Standard & Poor's Corp. highlighting the growing unfunded pension liabilities. The report's findings have implications for the municipal bond market. The credit ratings of government bonds typically are dependent on the ratings of the...
- Muni Yields Flat as Market Girds for Busy Tuesday. Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;4/13/2015, p27
The article reports that prices of top-rated municipal bonds were flat for a second session in the U.S. on April 13, 2015. Topics discussed include the steady trading of 10-year benchmark municipal general obligation (GO) and 30-year GO and the calculation of the 10-year municipal to Treasury...
- N.Y.C. TFA to Issue $800 Million For Capital Improvement Projects. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/19/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32469, p40
The article reports on the decision of the New York City Transitional Finance Authority to sell $800 million of future tax-secured bonds in three separate transactions. Goldman Sachs &3x0026; Co. is the senior underwriter for the fixed-rate sale. Proceeds of the offering will go the ongoing...
- ALASKA: Anchorage Pares Bond Ballot. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/6/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33057, p9
The article reports on the move of the Anchorage Assembly members to cut more than $14 million from a series of bond proposals that will undergo public consultation in Alaska in April 2009. It mentions that the Assembly approved eight bond propositions worth $140 million and acted to beat the...
- MONDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;12/2/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33014, p1
Several charts are presented which depict the performance of the municipal market in the U.S. including the yields, bond buyers, and economic indicator.
- Kansas City, Citing Projects to Revitalize Downtown Area, May Issue $95M in GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p38
Reports on Kansas City, Missouri's possible general obligation bond issues after a bond referendum approved by voters in April 2004. Recommendations on the size of the first deal; Use of proceeds from the planned bond issues.
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;8/11/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31945, p30
Presents a chart depicting municipal bonds in the Midwest.