Munis Weaker After Existing Home Sales Surge
- Munis Little Changed as Market Awaits Non-Farm Numbers. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p2
The article examines the status of municipal bonds in the United States as the market waits for the February 2006 non-farm payrolls report. According to traders, intermediate paper was slightly weaker during the midday of March 9 but improved by the end of the session. The author also examines...
- Munis Little Changed Despite Economic Data. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p2
The article analyzes the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. The municipal and Treasury markets showed little change despite economic data. Treasury market remained near its opening levels. The 10-year note yield declined by one basis point to 4.58%. The core price index for...
- Municipal Volume Swells as Second Quarter Kicks Off. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p7
The article reports on the increase in activity in the municipal bond market in the U.S. during the arrival of the second quarter of 2006. The Federal Open Market Committee raised its target for the federal funds rate. California's Bay Area Toll Authority and the Louisiana Citizens Property...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 29. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States during the March 29, 2004 trading session.
- April Volume Lags March. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p1
Reports on the decline in the issuance of long-term municipal bond market in the U.S. Anticipation of economic recovery bonds from California; Amount of municipal bonds being issued; Reason for the decline in the market; Rise in the interest rates with the improvement in the economy.
- Big Deals From Houston, Washington Should Boost Yields. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p6
Reports on the volume of primary market municipal bond deals in the U.S. for the week of May 17, 2004. Major deals from various states; Yields expected by investors; Pricing of deals; Use of proceeds from the transactions.
- Jobs Data Expectations Drive Up Municipal Bond Indexes. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p52
Reports that most of "The Bond Buyer" newspaper's weekly municipal bond yield indexes rose at the end of May 2004 as expectations mounted that the release of the May employment report on June 2004 will be favorable and prompt the Federal Reserve to raise short-term rates later in June 2004. Key...
- Munis Remain Firm as Traders Hold Ground Awaiting New Data. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p2
Reports on the movement of municipal bonds in the trading market in the U.S. as of July 2004. Concentration of trading activity in the intermediate sector; Percentage of growth in consumer spending; Average prices of general obligation offering.
- Munis Weaken 5-7 Basis Points: Treasury Sells $11 Billion of TIPs. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31935, p2
Reports on developments related to the municipal bond market in the U.S. Erosion in the bid side of the market; Bonds sold by the U.S. Department of the Treasury; Impact on the market of the improvement in the U.S. economy.