Scripophily: Old Paper Finds New Fans
- COLLECTING DEFUNCT FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS: Scripophily. Plans, Miriam L. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Jun2001, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p20
Deals with the value of collecting defunct stock and bond holdings certificates.
- Collectors Treasure Dot-Com Stock Notes. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;8/12/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p35
Provides information on scripophily or the collection of financial paper such as stock certificates of companies. Derivation of the word scripophily; Auction of an Enron certificate through the Internet; Reason for the attraction to the collection of such papers; Suggestions for people who are...
- Save this in remembrance of me. McCormick, Patrick // U.S. Catholic;May2001, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p46
Explores the fascination with old relics and antiques. Criticism on the television program `The Antiques Roadshow'; Views on the value of the antiques; Importance of antiques to one's life.
- Shopping for antiques in Penang. // Asian Pacific Post;8/24/2006, p6
The article explores the antique market in Penang, Malaysia. As the country's second oldest port where some of the rich early traders first settled, Penang would have artefacts and bric-a-brac from the last few centuries worth collecting. Collectors can shop for antiques along Jalan Penang,...
- From the editors of archaeology: Specially selected treasures from around the world. // Archaeology;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p18
Presents information on several artifacts regarding their features, price and availability. INSET: Call toll free..
- The kindness of strangers. Felsen, Karl E. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Nov94, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p14
Discusses the fun of searching unusual antique finds by relying on the expertise and suggestions of others. Two anecdotes showing the availability of friendly and helpful people waiting to assist a collector.
- Glass menagerie. Revi, Albert Christia // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Mar1996, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p8
Answers questions related to the collection of glass antiques. Glass vase; Markings on glassware; Figural bottles.
- Antique or junque. McCollam, Anne // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Sep98, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p21
Provides answers to questions about antique collection. Value of a walnut silver chest bought in 1969; Value of a figurine made by the Carl Thieme Saxonian Porcelain Factory in Germany; Value of a mesh handbag made by Whiting & Davis in the 1920s.
- Strike up a matchbox collection. Margulis, Marlyn Irvin // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Nov98, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p44
Features several matchbox or matchbook holder collections. History of matchbox holders; Comments from Samantha Drab, a matchbox collector; Designs and patterns.