Private Toll Proposal
- In the Land of Expanding Toll Roads, TxDOT Gets Going on Grand Parkway. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;3/1/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33474, p8
The article presents information on highway construction project in Texas, which is known as State Highway 99. Under the project, there will be a new section of the 180-mile, 6 billion dollars toll road that loops around the outer Houston metro area called the Grand Parkway. The project has been...
- 15 Miles of Texas Tollway to Open. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/24/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34033, p1
The article reports that Texas officials have stated that the Texas Department of Transportation will open a 15-mile section of the Grand Parkway toll road in Houston, Texas in 2014. It informs that the 15-mile section of the 189-mile tollway connecting Houston's suburbs of Katy and Cypress will...
- Area projects says sï¿½ to transportation dollars. Francis, Robert // Fort Worth Business Press;3/5/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p4
The article reports on the selection of Spanish firm Cintra Concesiones de Infraestructuras de Transporte to build and manage the Texas 121 toll road in Denton and Collin counties. The move was part of a $5 billion, 50-year deal that includes payment of $2.8 billion that will pave the way for...
- TxDOT Chief Says 'Toll Fatigue' Will Affect Transportation Funding. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/10/2014, Issue 24223, p1
Texas Department of Transportation executive director Joe Weber said he expects the upcoming session of the Texas Legislature to de-emphasize toll roads after a series of protests and a general feeling of "toll fatigue."
- Chisholm Trail sparks real estate boom on West Vickery. McGowan, Matthew // Fort Worth Business Press;5/14/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p16
The article discusses the economic impact of the construction of the 28 mile Chisholm Trail Parkway toll road from downtown Fort Worth to Cleburne. According to the article, the expected surge of traffic has drawn investors to set shops along the corridor which according to some analysts will...
- N12 EXPANSION: BUILDING A NEW SUPERCLASS HIGHWAY. // Civil Engineering (10212000);Jan2012, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p56
The article reports on the construction of toll route system National Route 12 (N12) under the Gauteng Freeway Improvement Project (GIFP) in South Africa.
- E-470 stuck in legal bog. Korman, Richard // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/31/94, Vol. 232 Issue 5, p36
Reports on the stats of construction of the E-470 beltway in Denver, Colorado. Litigation due to project realignment; Lack of long-term financing; Pending decision from the state Supreme Court.
- Early finish possible at Dulles extension. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/12/94, Vol. 233 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the construction of the 14-mile-long toll road extension in Virginia. Extension of an existing toll road from the Washington, D.C. Beltway to Dulles-Washington International Airport; Value of the overall construction contract; Brown & Root as the major contractor; Predictions of...
- Toll Road Update. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);10/3/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p14
The article reports that the Alamo Regional Mobility Authority Board of Directors has authorized the release of a design build request for qualification for the 281 North toll project in San Antonio, Texas.