Mooers of Advest Joins Sovereign Securities
- Women Need an EDGE to Get Ahead In Business. MEERSCHAERT, CAROL M. // MWorld;Winter2014/2015, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on the "Empowerment, Diversity, Growth, and Excellence (EDGE) in Leadership Study" by the nonprofit organization Healthcare Businesswomen's Association, which looked at advancement of women executives in U.S. and European healthcare companies. Attitudes of managers about the...
- People on The Move. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/15/2002, Issue 323008, p5
Reports career developments of the executives in California as of November 2002. Promotion of Evangelista Gonzalez to the position of vice president of Kaweah National Bank; Selection of William J. Conway to the position of marketing director of Downing Planetarium; Recruitment of staff members...
- LOBBYING WORLD. // Hill;8/5/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 95, p9
The article reports career development updates in the U.S. including former representative Kenneth Bentsen Jr. who joined with Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association, Frank Mermoud for TD International, and Cheryl Blum who joined with the Telecommunications Industry Association.
- COMINGS AND GOINGS. // Corporate Legal Times;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 130, p8
Reports career developments for corporate legal executives in the U.S. as of September 2002. Selection of Eric H. Peterson as executive vice president and general counsel for TXU company; Appointment of John K.P. Stone III as senior vice president and general counsel of PolyMedia Corp.;...
- Abbey marketer to run Axa's online services. // Marketing Week;8/10/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p9
Focuses on the appointment of Karen Jones as the marketing director of the electronic business operations of Axa in Great Britain. Responsibility in devising the marketing strategy for the portal site launch; Significance to the development of the site; Career highlights.
- BE YOUR OWN HEADHUNTER. Butcher, David // Management Today;Dec2001, p60
Offers advice to executives who want to become their own headhunter. Avoidance of relying on superiors for career guidance; Assessment of own expertise; Selection of firms to pursue; Benefits of making cold calls.
- What's Your Take? E., Ron; B., Kimmy // On Wall Street;Apr2014, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p10
Two responses from online readers are presented in response to articles including "Outsized Recruitment Deals Are Liable to Fade Away," by Mickey Wasserman in February 26, 2014 issue and "3 Tips for Appealing to Female Executives," by Laura Kogen in February 26, 2014 issue.
- WOMEN LEADING GOVERNMENT. VOORHEES, HEIDI; LANGE-SKAGGS, RACHEL // Public Management (00333611);Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on the role of women in local government management and discusses reasons for the challenges they face in career advancement. It mentions the uniformity in percentage of women chief administrative officers (CAO) in the U.S. It also discusses the reasons for lack of women in...
- Attracting and Retaining Women in Oil and Gas Engineering: survey examining the gender talent gap. Tregarthen, Neil // Electric Light & Power;May/Jun2014, Vol. 92 Issue 3, Special section p6
The article discusses a survey conducted to women employees in the oil and gas industry in the U.S. to learn more about work-related challenges and opportunities. Findings include 45% of respondents do not feel same recognition with men, 95% say mentors are important to their careers, and 42%...