Lehman's Health Care Group continues Convalescence with Citigroup Hire
- Lehman Hires Morgan Stanley's Whalen to Revive Health Care Group. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;3/2/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32330, p7
The article reports on the appointment of Thomas D. Whalen as head of Lehman Brothers' health care fund management group. Whalen has been co-head of the public finance health care group at Morgan Stanley for two years. Lehman's ranking in health care fund management declined to 39th in 2005 from...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: HEALTHCARE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/14/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p40
Presents data on securities in the health care industry, underwritten by investment banks in the United States, as of February 7, 2005. Morgan Stanley; Citigroup; Lehman Brothers; Bear Stearns.
- Out Takes. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/4/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 31, p4
Presents news briefs related investment dealing companies in the U.S. as of August 2003. Reason for the retirement of Thomas Patrick, executive vice chairman of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; Professional background of J. Timothy Romer, who has been hired by Goldman Sachs for its municipal finance...
- Lehman Hires FFFC Executive. // National Mortgage News;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p27
The article reports on the recruitment of Steve Skolnik, executive at First Franklin Financial Corp., by Lehman Brothers Inc. as CEO of its BNC Mortgage Inc. affiliate in Irvine, California. A spokesman for Lehman confirmed that Skolnik will replace BNC's CEO Kelly Monahan, who will remain with...
- People. // EuroProperty;2004, p22
Global investment bank Lehman Bros., has made two senior appointments to its European real estate private equity group. Gerald Parkes joins from Invesco Real Estate as managing director and head of the group, while Mark Newman, previously head of European activities and a managing director, will...
- NEWSMAKERS. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p26
The article offers business news briefs in New York in 2006. Lehman Brothers Inc. has reclaimed its 1st Place for Institutional Investor's Best Sales rankings for the year. North America Sports Media Inc. has acquired Premiere Sports Travel LLC, Premiere Plus LLC and Gotickets.com LLC. Edward...
- A KINDER, GENTLER LEHMAN BROTHERS. Sellers, Patricia // Fortune;1/22/2007, Vol. 155 Issue 1, p36
The article discusses the Lehman Brothers program called Encore that encourages mid-career executives to return to work after a hiatus. Anne Erni, Lehman's chief diversity officer who created Encore, describes the value of the program and her reasons for creating it. Other firms on Wall Street...
- Comptroller Susan Combs Cuts TexPool's Ties With Lehman Bros. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);9/24/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p2
The article reports on the announcement made by Texas Comptroller Susan Combs on the termination of the state's contract with Lehman Brothers Inc. in providing marketing and client services to TexPool and Texpool Prime, the investment pools for the government of Texas.
- Barbs traded at hearing on Lehman's fall. Soraghan, Mike // Hill;10/7/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 117, p1
The article reports that Congressional Democrats and Republicans traded accusations over what and whom to blame for the financial crisis amid startling new revelations surrounding the bankruptcy of the Lehman Brothers investment bank.