Strong State Revenues Prompting Tax Cut, Spending Plans, S&P Says
- Littleton, Mass., S&P Outlook Negative. // Bond Buyer;5/11/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32130, p2
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. said it revised its outlook on the rating on Littleton, Massachusetts, general obligation debt outstanding to negative from stable based on the town's deteriorated financial position due to poor operating results and the drawdown of reserves to...
- Puerto Rico Infrastructure Financing Authority Lowered To 'B-'. // Bondbuyer.com;2/27/2015, p42
The article reports the move by Standard & Poor's (S&P) Ratings Services as of late February 2015 to downgrade its rating on Puerto Rico Infrastructure Financing Authority's series 2011B and 2011C revenue bonds to B-minus from BB-minus.
- CALIFORNIA: Deficit May Be on Horizon. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/7/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32769, p9
The article reports that according to Standard & Poor's Corp., slowdown in state revenues could result in politically difficult budget adjustments to maintain positive budgetary reserves, with a possible return to a deficit fund balance position on the horizon in California. The state budgeted a...
- N.Y.C. Earns GO Boost From S&P. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/6/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32644, p1
The article reports on the upgrade of New York City's $35 billion general obligation credit rating to AA with a stable outlook form AA-minus, by the Standard & Poor's Corp. The upgrade reflects on the city's strong economic and revenue performance as well as its use of surpluses to reduce...
- Most States Should Withstand Recession, S&P Analyst Says. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/30/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31254, p5
Discusses views of public finance analyst Robin Prunty on the impact of recession in the U.S. economy on states within the country. Effect of budgetary reserves on fiscal flexibility of states; States that have reported revenue shortfalls; Average general obligation bond ratings of states by...
- North Schuylkill School District, Pa., Upgraded to A-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;9/10/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34175, p17
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services increased the general obligation debt rating of North Schuylkill School District, Pennsylvania to A-plus from A for its financial reserve growth in spite of a insufficient taxing flexibility.
- Mercy Regional Health Center, Kan., Bonds Raised to A-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;5/1/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34102, p1
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has declared that it raised its long-term rating to A-plus from A on the 25.1 million dollars series 2013 hospital revenue refunding bonds issued by Manhattan, Kansas, for Mercy Regional Health Center (Mercy) in Manhattan, Kansas.
- Puerto Rico Infrastructure FA 2011B, C Lowered by S&P. // Bond Buyer;7/31/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34153, p1
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has lowered its rating one notch to BB-minus from BB on Puerto Rico Infrastructure Financing Authority's series 2011B and 2011C revenue bonds, and mentions that it also removed the rating from rating platform CreditWatch.
- Oklahoma DFA 2004 Revs Upgraded to A-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;4/2/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34086, p1
The article informs that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has upgraded its ratings on the 2004 industrial development taxable revenue bonds of the Oklahoma Development Finance Authority from A to A-plus. John Sugden, a credit analyst from Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, states that the...