Board Reports Net Assets of $21.45M At End of FY'05, an Increase of 3.7%
- Activity Is Light All Over as Traders Take Off Early for Holiday Weekend. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;5/31/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32143, p2
The article reports that a holiday mode reigned in the municipal market in the U.S., as trading desks were halfstaffed ahead of an early market close and a long Memorial Day weekend. According to trades reported by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board through BondDesk's MuniTicker,...
- Munis Weaker, With Yields Up 4-5 Basis Points. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/23/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33047, p2
The article offers updates on the performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. It outlines the losses in trades which were reported by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board and the Treasury market. It mentions the factors which caused the weak performance of municipal bonds, and highlights the...
- Munis Slightly Firmer After Slow Trading. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/13/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32877, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal securities in the U.S. bond market. Trades reported by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board showed gains with bonds from an interdealer trade of New York State Environmental Facilities Corp. 5s of 2037 yielded 4.59% and bonds from an...
- Munis Unchanged on Lazy Friday. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/28/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32866, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bonds in the U.S. bond market. Trades reported by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board showed little movement. The Treasury market presented some losses where the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note, which opened at 3.83%,...
- MSRB Clarifies Guidance About Payments to 'Non-Political' Accounts. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;9/26/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32721, p5
The article reports on the issuance of an interpretative letter in G-37 by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board in Washington. The board reinstates existing guidance about payments to non-political accounts of political organizations. Under G-37, dealers cannot engage in negotiated...
- TBMA to Board: Lower Threshold on SMMPs to $50 Million. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31242, p5
Focuses on the reduction of investment threshold from The Bond Market Association (TBMA) to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB). Proposal for municipal market professionals; Implications on the reduction of proposed threshold; Recommendation and endorsement of SMMP concept by the TBMA.
- MSRB Proposes Rule Changes on Interdealer Transaction Failures. Casey, Jack // Bondbuyer.com;1/6/2016, p1
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board is seeking comment on a proposal it says would lessen the effect of interdealer transaction failures on the municipal market while providing needed changes to an outdated rule.
- MSRB's Fiscal 2002 Financials Reflect Market Trends. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31594, p4
Reports on the financial performance of the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) in fiscal year ending September 30, 2002. Fees which were increased; Unrestricted net assets of MSRB; Auditor of the financial results.
- TBMA: Pay-to-Play Restrictions Should Be Clearer. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;4/4/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32103, p5
Reports that the Bond Market Association has urged the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to clarify and establish clear standards regarding its proposed restrictions on pay-to-play practices. Reason of the proposed restrictions; Features of the proposal; Impact of the proposal on dealers and...