B-type natriuretic peptide level had reduced specificity for diagnosing heart failure in dyspnea with atrial fibrillation in the emergency department
- Direct comparison of mid-regional pro-atrial natriuretic peptide with N-terminal pro B-type natriuretic peptide in the diagnosis of patients with atrial fibrillation and dyspnoea. Eckstein, Jens; Potocki, Mihael; Murray, Karsten; Breidthardt, Tobias; Ziller, Ronny; Mosimann, Tamina; Klima, Theresia; Hoeller, Rebeca; Moehring, Berit; Sou, Seoung Mann; Gimenez, Maria Rubini; Morgenthaler, Nils G.; Mueller, Christian // Heart;Oct2012, Vol. 98 Issue 20, p1518
Objectives: Due to different release mechanisms, midregional pro-atrial natriuretic peptide (MR proANP) may be superior to N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide (NT proBNP) in the diagnosis of acute heart failure (AHF) in patients with atrial fibrillation (AF). We compared MR proANP and NT...
- LV dysfunction: Progression of preclinical diastolic dysfunction to the development of symptoms. Correa de Sa, Daniel D.; Hodge, David O.; Slusser, Joshua P.; Redfield, Magaret M.; Simari, Robert D.; Burnett, John C.; Chen, Horng H. // Heart;Apr2010, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p528
Background Preclinical diastolic dysfunction (PDD) has been defined as subjects with normal systolic function, diastolic dysfunction but no symptoms of heart failure (HF). The clinical phenotype and natural history of the syndrome remains poorly defined. This study's objective was to determine...
- Theophylline. // Reactions Weekly;Apr2015, Vol. 1547 Issue 1, p257
The article presents a case study of a 74-year-old woman who developed different toxicities including atrial fibrillation, heart failure, vomiting, nausea, agitation and abdominal pain with rapid ventricular response because of theophylline intoxication.
- Impact of atrial fibrillation on mortality and readmission in older adults hospitalized with heart failure. Ahmed, Ali; Thornton, Phillip; Perry, Gilbert J.; Allman, Richard M.; DeLong, James F. // European Journal of Heart Failure;Jun2004, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p421
Background: Atrial fibrillation is common in older adults with heart failure. It is known to adversely affect outcomes. Aim: To examine the associations of atrial fibrillation with 4-year mortality and 30-day readmission in older adults hospitalized with heart failure. Methods: Patients were...
- Burden of asymptomatic episodes of atrial fibrillation in a heart failure cohort. Caldwell, J.C.; Contractor, H.; Garratt, C.J.; Neyses, L.; Mamas, M. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;Jun2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p161
An abstract of the article "Burden of asymptomatic episodes of atrial fibrillation in a heart failure cohort," by J.C. Caldwell and colleagues is presented.
- 246 Evaluation of therapeutic effect for diastolic heart failure by ratio of early diastolic transmitral velocity to early diastolic mitral annular velocity in patients with atrial fibrillation Watanabe, T.; Iwai-Takano, M.; Yaoita, H.; Maruyama, Y. // European Journal of Echocardiography;Dec2006 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, pS25
An abstract of the article "Evaluation of therapeutic effect for diastolic heart failure by ratio of early diastolic transmitral velocity to early diastolic mitral annular velocity in patients with atrial fibrillation," by T. Watanabe and colleagues is presented.
- Better prognosis for heart failure with atrial fibrillation. Pinkowish, Mary Desmond // Patient Care;1/30/1997, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p84
Presents a study conducted by W. G. Stevenson, et al. entitled `improving survival for patients with atrial fibrillation and advanced heart failure,' found in the Journal of American College of Cardiology (1996). Methodology used to conduct study; Indication of study; Discussion on findings.
- 177 Impact of atrial fibrillation on response to cardiac resynchronisation therapy in patients with chronic heart failure Cosyns, B.; Lancellotti, P.; Hoffer, E.; De Sutter, J.; Cremers, S.; Van Camp, G.; Droogmans, S.; Pierard, L. // European Journal of Echocardiography;Dec2006 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, pS7
An abstract of the article "Impact of atrial fibrillation on response to cardiac resynchronisation therapy in patients with chronic heart failure," by B. Cosyns and colleagues is presented.
- Impact of Body Mass Index on Plasma N-Terminal ProB-Type Natriuretic Peptides in Chinese Atrial Fibrillation Patients without Heart Failure. Zheng, Li-hui; Wu, Ling-min; Yao, Yan; Chen, Wen-sheng; Bao, Jing-ru; Huang, Wen; Shi, Rui; Zhang, Kui-jun; Zhang, Shu // PLoS ONE;Aug2014, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p1
Background: An inverse relationship between body mass index (BMI) and circulating levels of N-terminal proB-type natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) has been demonstrated in subjects with and without heart failure. Obesity also has been linked with increased incidence of atrial fibrillation (AF),...